Wine Packages thru Dining Room on Caribbean Princess

cruise4mom

Does anyone know if a wine package is offered in the dining room? When we were on RCI they offered a package where you could purchase 3 bottles of wine (up to a certain price) for a discounted price. By any change does Princess offer the same or do you have to purchase the wine bottle by bottle?

23 hours ago, paul929207 said:

Yes, they are available on cruises of 10 days or more.

Hi Paul,

That has always been our experience over the years.

BUT we just got off the Golden on a transpacific, where some were on board all the way from Melbourne to Vancouver.  We were on the segment Auckland - LA, which was 19 nights.  Guess what?  No wine package offered.  I asked a variety of staff.  Said it was dictated by shore side.  Plus the prices of many wines are higher than even last year.  Real nice to have a captive group and sock it to 'em.  

One change from anything I've noticed in the past is they had it in print (and observed it) that one could bring on board two bottles per port, not just on embarkation.  They also didn't seem to mind our bringing on liquor.  

Interesting. I actually drank less wine per night than probably any other cruise I've taken.  I've always bought the Gold wine package, but this time I had to make adjustments.  I suppose the Princess accountants know if they got more money out of me this time on wine, but I doubt it.

Bruce

• Thanks 1

On 5/7/2019 at 11:00 AM, brucedodge said:

...we just got off the Golden on a transpacific, ...Guess what?  No wine package offered.  I asked a variety of staff.  Said it was dictated by shore side.  Plus the prices of many wines are higher than even last year.  Real nice to have a captive group and sock it to 'em.  

One change from anything I've noticed in the past is they had it in print (and observed it) that one could bring on board two bottles per port, not just on embarkation.  

Thanks Bruce! I just skimmed/read 9 pages of posts (some hundreds there) looking for some mention of the Silver and Gold wine packages I had seen shortly after I booked next February's 28-day Hawaii and South Pacific. Guess I can stop looking!

Although maybe they will launch some other program by then.

1 hour ago, crystalspin said:

Thanks Bruce! I just skimmed/read 9 pages of posts (some hundreds there) looking for some mention of the Silver and Gold wine packages I had seen shortly after I booked next February's 28-day Hawaii and South Pacific. Guess I can stop looking!

Although maybe they will launch some other program by then.

I just got off the Sapphire Princess repositing cruise where they reluctantly gave me the Gold Wine package. The Silver package is not used as all the wine is now above the allowed price point. Normally I prefer to use my own wine as it is normally much cheaper but we were sailing from Singapore where they have an high SIN tax on wine. 

Brian

• Thanks 1

Then I will drink. Coke. The real Thing. As I get older, wine just makes me tired. Happy to buy premium wines if a package is available. If not, wont buy as much. 1 bottle can last two nights. 

On 5/14/2019 at 11:24 PM, bvm49 said:

I just got off the Sapphire Princess repositing cruise where they reluctantly gave me the Gold Wine package. The Silver package is not used as all the wine is now above the allowed price point. Normally I prefer to use my own wine as it is normally much cheaper but we were sailing from Singapore where they have an high SIN tax on wine. 

Brian

Why were the reluctant? Usually they get a bonus 

On 5/7/2019 at 11:00 AM, brucedodge said:

Hi Paul,

That has always been our experience over the years.

BUT we just got off the Golden on a transpacific, where some were on board all the way from Melbourne to Vancouver.  We were on the segment Auckland - LA, which was 19 nights.  Guess what?  No wine package offered.  I asked a variety of staff.  Said it was dictated by shore side.  Plus the prices of many wines are higher than even last year.  Real nice to have a captive group and sock it to 'em.  

One change from anything I've noticed in the past is they had it in print (and observed it) that one could bring on board two bottles per port, not just on embarkation.  They also didn't seem to mind our bringing on liquor.  

Interesting. I actually drank less wine per night than probably any other cruise I've taken.  I've always bought the Gold wine package, but this time I had to make adjustments.  I suppose the Princess accountants know if they got more money out of me this time on wine, but I doubt it.

Bruce

They know Australians drink more than people from the US so why discount it?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, oskidunker said:

Why were the reluctant? Usually they get a bonus 

When I asked the table waiter (so he would get a bonus) for the wine package in the MDR, he went and asked someone. On his return he said they were worried the choice of wine could be limited as we were moving from Asia to Europe on a 37 night cruise. I said that I wasn't worried about that and wanted the package. Only the Gold package was offered. I did notice the wine list changed a couple of times during the Cruise.