Uploading picture to Medallion

shepcookie

I did try searching for the answer to my question, but no luck.  I want to upload a profile picture for the medallion.  However, I only had the option of taking a new picture.  Does anyone know how to upload instead?  Thanks!

Tammy

3 hours ago, shepcookie said:

I did try searching for the answer to my question, but no luck.  I want to upload a profile picture for the medallion.  However, I only had the option of taking a new picture.  Does anyone know how to upload instead?  Thanks!

Tammy

1-844-525-0942 - OM 'hotline' for help

• Like 1

I just did this. For the "security picture" it only lets you take a photo. This makes sense as photo should be recent and not one from 20 years ago with better "lighting". For profile picture (avatar) you can upload whatever you like. We did pics of our dog.

When I load up the app and go to Security Photo and choose Retake it brings up camera mode, but there are 3 buttons near the button of the screen.  The far left icon is a picture frame with an arrow above it.  Clicking this icon brings up my camera roll and I can choose any photo I like.

Perhaps it's different for the first security photo as opposed to editing an existing one? I don't think so, but I'm past that point and can't confirm. I can definitely edit my currently uploaded security photo with anything from my camera roll.  Per the rules it should be recent and more or less follow passport photo rules, so it's not a bad idea to just take a fresh one using the guide on-screen, but if you've already done the work to get a good one within those guidelines saved on your device you should be able to access it.

Similar to nattie for the profile photos my wife and my profile photos are silly ones of our pets.  I'm curious to see how this plays out on board.

Edited by PMGS247

This is going off topic a bit, but it does have to do with the photo upload. Don't wear a hat. When I set up OM, I uploaded a photo that I took some time back. I was wearing a baseball hat. During check in on the Royal, they needed to take a new photo since hats aren't allowed for the security photo. The one I'd uploaded for hubby was fine. I have no idea why I was able to upload the security photos instead of taking new ones, but it's a fact that I was able to do that.

Edited by Sea Hag
clarification

6 hours ago, shepcookie said:

Tammy

I would go to ocean.com and do it that way. The app is awful and doesn't even render correctly on my XS Max.  I ended up doing it all from the web portal and it was easy. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 12.17.12 PM.png

• 2 years later...
On 5/7/2019 at 4:00 AM, shepcookie said:

Tammy

I did a internet search for changing your profile picture and found this thread. It took me some time to figure it out but I finally did so I'm sharing what I learned. First, the previous post says to go to ocean.com but I couldn't figure out a way to sign in to my account. Maybe that's a recent change (today is 9/4/2021) . If you've already taken a security picture and said to use it for your profile picture, but now would like to change your profile picture to something fun, follow these steps (I only have Apple products so I don't know if Android is the same):

1.) Take the picture you want to be your profile picture or upload the image you want to use to your device (i.e. iPhone, iPad, etc.)

2.) Open the MedallionClass app and sign in.

3.) In the upper left, there will be an icon (I've changed mine already but I think it was probably my security picture prior to me changing it). Click on that until it opens the OceanReady Profile.

4.) Select the "journey" you are trying to change the profile picture for on the left side if you have more than one journey listed.

5.) Click on "My Account" about 1/2 way down in the middle.

6.) Above "Personal Information" you will see  + Change Photo. Click on that.

7.) When your camera pops up, click on the icon to the left of the camera icon. It should look like a picture with mountains and a sun on the right of the mountains. Click on that icon and it will pull up the photos you have saved to your device.

8.) Click on the picture or image you want to upload. You may have to move it around a little to get it to look right. When you are satisfied, click on the check mark.

Now when you go to your security picture in the Travel Checklist, Personal Information & Documents section, you will see it's still there and when you go to your profile picture, it's what you just selected. Don't be concerned that the icons above your security picture aren't your security picture anymore. It's just showing which account you have selected. You security picture is still there in the middle. Good luck. 

Weirdly enough, when we first set up the app it automatically uploaded pics from our last Princess cruise - shots taken by the photographers. I think hubbies was one from dinner and mine was one from me standing on the deck (with the others I was standing with cut out of the photo). We used mine, but I picked one from his photos on my phone for his (taken in our back yard in full sunlight).