Riviera - is there a piano bar?

TomOG

For those that have sailed on Riviera before, is there a piano bar? We have enjoyed this type of place on other ships and are hoping Riviera has one. We are boarding with a small group on 5/15. Thanks.

We don't usually go to the bars but I believe there's a piano bar in Martini's, and often a band up in Horizons.

There is also the resident string quartet that many passengers enjoy.  The quartet tends to play more arrangements of popular tunes, show music, etc., rather than classical music.

Oh yes there is!  A grand piano in Martini's is played during happy hour.  But good luck finding a seat.  Come early or after the GDR opens at 6:30.  But always very nice. And as Mura has stated there is live music in Horizons and THe Grand Bar.   Have a great cruise!

-Katie

Edited by KatieBelle
addition

39 minutes ago, KatieBelle said:

Oh yes there is!  A grand piano in Martini's is played during happy hour.  But good luck finding a seat.  Come early or after the GDR opens at 6:30.  But always very nice. And as Mura has stated there is live music in Horizons and THe Grand Bar.   Have a great cruise!

-Katie

Katie, thanks! I believe you are on this cruise too? We are with a group from St. Joe's University Alumni in Philadelphia so maybe we shall meet!

Tom

59 minutes ago, TomOG said:

Katie, thanks! I believe you are on this cruise too? We are with a group from St. Joe's University Alumni in Philadelphia so maybe we shall meet!

Tom

Yes we are.  If you send a message to tdhunt13atgmaildotcom, you will receive a link to the Roll Call list.  There you can fill in your information.  Would love to meet you all, maybe for drinks?

15 hours ago, TomOG said:

For those that have sailed on Riviera before, is there a piano bar? We have enjoyed this type of place on other ships and are hoping Riviera has one. We are boarding with a small group on 5/15. Thanks.

There is a bar with a piano, but I would not exactly call it a piano bar in the way in which that type of venue has developed on the mass market lines.  

0tSGy9UARgXetdwG2mV6jpiXxs1Ab6gnI6PMd52o

Don't expect sing-a-longs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StanandJim said:

There is a bar with a piano, but I would not exactly call it a piano bar in the way in which that type of venue has developed on the mass market lines.  

0tSGy9UARgXetdwG2mV6jpiXxs1Ab6gnI6PMd52o

Don't expect sing-a-longs.

What he said. You definitely won't find the crowd that sings the dirty lyrics to Margaritaville or Lucille. 

18 hours ago, KatieBelle said:

Yes we are.  If you send a message to tdhunt13atgmaildotcom, you will receive a link to the Roll Call list.  There you can fill in your information.  Would love to meet you all, maybe for drinks?

Thanks Katie. I did that and am now on the sheet. We are doing 4 days in Rome/Tuscany prior to boarding on the 15th.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/7/2019 at 3:05 PM, TomOG said:

Yes.

I too love piano bars which I define as a great pianist who can play just about any request from a group of people seated around a bar like structure around the piano.  As Stan and Jim has said you will not find this on Oceania.