Fantasia YC Grill?

2013cruiser2013

There is a outdoor bar and grill on the pooldeck in the YC onboard the MSC Fantasia. It's a very nice place to have breakfast and lunch,  weather permitting. Hot dishes are served from the grill during lunch hours. 

See my attached photo. The Grill and buffet it's to the left of the bar. 

DSC03740.JPG

Same bar/grill set-up on Preziosa with the exception that they have added a large canopy that covers the table area unlike the photo above.  We found the lunch time service to be very poor with very limited choice. If you ask they will get you burger/fries, pizza from the main buffet which is a few decks below.  The buffet pizza is no way as good as the room-service pizza which comes from the specialty dining room.

The YC grill on the Fantasia-class ships is a lesser offering than on the newer build ships.  As you say, Mickey, very limited choice.  We always head for the restaurant for lunch as we've never found anything of interest on the grill.

For those who like to spend all day on the pool deck, that's a negative.  For us, who don't, going to the far end of the ship for lunch was just something else to do while onboard and broke up the day.

• Like 1

I always find something to eat for lunch, there is a salatbar, fresh bread and a couple of hot dishes to choose from. Always freshly cooked pasta as well. And then some pastry. On our last cruise we ordered pizza from the speciality restaurant as well, delivered within 15 minutes. Excellent service. 

Sometimes we head out of the enclave to the main buffet and on our last cruise I was very impressed by the food quality and the great selection. Plenty to choose from. But you will not starve on the pooldeck 👍 

7 minutes ago, 2013cruiser2013 said:

breakfast and lunch on deck on both Meraviglia

Are you able to share what the breakfast and lunch menu in YC was?  Was it a buffet. a seated/served menu, or a combination of the two?

Both sailings we only ate at the YC Grill for breakfast and lunch. We never ate in the restaurant at those times. There were eggs to order, hashbrowns, bacon, sausage, pancakes, beans, fruit, yogurt, assorted pastries,  assorted meats and cheeses, oatmeal, bread for toasting, and probably some things I am missing. I felt there was more variety on Seaview than on Meraviglia.

21 hours ago, 2013cruiser2013 said:

Both sailings we only ate at the YC Grill for breakfast and lunch.

Was the service that you received sit-down waiter service or was it more like the usual shipboard buffet restaurant?

4 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Was the service that you received sit-down waiter service or was it more like the usual shipboard buffet restaurant?

If you were waiting for a cook to order item,  they would sometimes offer to bring it to your table. I found they were very responsive when you were direct with what you wanted rather than waiting for them to initiate what you might want. The same was true with ordering drinks. You needed to make eye contact or wave them over. They never noticed empty glasses. 

20 hours ago, 2013cruiser2013 said:

If you were waiting for a cook to order item,  they would sometimes offer to bring it to your table. I found they were very responsive when you were direct with what you wanted rather than waiting for them to initiate what you might want. The same was true with ordering drinks. You needed to make eye contact or wave them over. They never noticed empty glasses. 

Thank you for your response.  Your information is helpful.