Escape Owners Suite w/large balcony H3 - Question

Haven’t been in an Owner’s Suite, but have sailed 6 times in a DOS on the Breakawy and Escape so roughly the same position of the ship. It is certainly windy when you are standing or if you have anything exposed above the glass windshield, but if you are sitting down or on the lounger it is completely fine. I wouldn’t necessarily try to have a meal out there at the table, but for just sunning and relaxing and taking in the sights, it’s great!

• Like 1

I'm going to bump into this thread...So excited at Navis' reply. On our 1st DOS coming up in June on the Dawn, and I cannot wait to be on the front balcony while at sea. Wind or not...it looks like just an amazing place to enjoy the sea view. Plus...the slower pace headed into port looks wonderful for the best seat in the house minus huge winds. 

On a few different threads folks have mentioned it is wonderful for Alaska and Panama canal as well - yes, there is wind, but it seems at "regular speeds" (<23 knots) in good weather it's a great place to be. 

Have a great trip! Amy

• Like 1

We too have been in DOS on BA and Escape and would agree with Navis.  I would say maybe the Escape was a bit better but 17 also has a larger front balcony than 18 or the BA (IIRC) so you can sit back farther too.

Thank you everyone. 

We do like to use our balcony for morning coffee and to sit out there with a glass of wine in the evening. 

I just don't want to be wind blown every time I want to use the balcony especially for the price. 

Decisions decisions! :classic_smile:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Chesneygirl said:

Thank you everyone. 

We do like to use our balcony for morning coffee and to sit out there with a glass of wine in the evening. 

I just don't want to be wind blown every time I want to use the balcony especially for the price. 

Decisions decisions! :classic_smile:

Being in Bermuda for days will give you opportunity for breakfast and wine. 

Getting there and going back will be windy but while docked, enjoy.  

• Like 2

The ship only does 10 knots on the way to Bermuda, hardly moving actually. Its lovely. On the way home it's pedal to the medal , full speed at about 20 knots. So, imo, you will be totally fine all the way to Bermuda, fine while you are in Bermuda, the only windy time should be the ride home on Friday evening and Saturday. I've done this cruise 3 times.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chesneygirl said:

We are considering the Owners Suite suite for a Bermuda cruise. 

For anyone who has stayed in one of these suites, is the balcony usable on sea days?

Which ship? We have sailed numerous times on the Dawn in the Owner's Suites on both deck 9 and 10 to Bermuda. Sailing on the Gem in an OS on deck 10 in June. 

For those ships, the OS on 9 and 10 also have the side balcony. If it is too windy out front, you can enjoy the side balcony as well.  

Many times we we have been able to use the front balacony on seas days. A few times we encountered rough seas and it was not accessible. 

Amazing views coming onto and out of Bermuda from that location.

Great cabins!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kruiserkatie said:

Which ship? We have sailed numerous times on the Dawn in the Owner's Suites on both deck 9 and 10 to Bermuda. Sailing on the Gem in an OS on deck 10 in June. 

For those ships, the OS on 9 and 10 also have the side balcony. If it is too windy out front, you can enjoy the side balcony as well.  

Many times we we have been able to use the front balacony on seas days. A few times we encountered rough seas and it was not accessible. 

Amazing views coming onto and out of Bermuda from that location.

Great cabins!

Escape.

On 5/8/2019 at 2:42 PM, Two Wheels Only said:

Being in Bermuda for days will give you opportunity for breakfast and wine. 

Getting there and going back will be windy but while docked, enjoy.  

"Breakfast Wine" sounds amazing. Just sayin' 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We were in an OS on the Jade last March and could not use the front balcony much.  It was too windy. We also found the bulkhead door really hard to operate.  It has to be closed before you start moving and the wind picks up, or you won’t get it closed. Also, because you are up front, other cabin’s balconies are right there. No privacy.   We used our side, enclosed balcony almost exclusively.  We wouldn't get a front balcony again.  Just MHO. 

I believe the OP is asking about the Breakaway/Breakawy + class. Totally different than the Jade. There is no bulkhead door and being all the way forward means no one can see you at all. In fact, that was one of the best parts about the Breakaway and Eacspe DOS, we felt like we were on our own ship ... with 180 degree views.  It is certainly windy when standing up and moving around, but when you are below the glass windscreen you don’t feel at all. 

I believe someone mentioned OP was going to Bermuda. We did this 4 times and all 4 we were dockyard side ... nothing like breakfast on the the balcony overlooking the dockyard or drinks at sunset (we bring some battery powered flickering candles to help the mood).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Navis said:

I believe the OP is asking about the Breakaway/Breakawy + class. Totally different than the Jade. There is no bulkhead door and being all the way forward means no one can see you at all. In fact, that was one of the best parts about the Breakaway and Eacspe DOS, we felt like we were on our own ship ... with 180 degree views.  It is certainly windy when standing up and moving around, but when you are below the glass windscreen you don’t feel at all. 

I believe someone mentioned OP was going to Bermuda. We did this 4 times and all 4 we were dockyard side ... nothing like breakfast on the the balcony overlooking the dockyard or drinks at sunset (we bring some battery powered flickering candles to help the mood).

Yes, again you hit it on the head.  Very much like own part of ship on BA and Escape although BA GA have the movable wall that leaks noise.

• Like 1