Port Liberty parking

On 5/8/2019 at 1:50 PM, ZellaLamb said:

Does anyone know if there is discounted wheelchair accessible parking at the port in Bayonne? I've searched the website for Port Liberty but there is no mention of it.

No. We parked there last year. Same price as everybody else.

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:15 PM, 1025cruise said:

I don't believe so. Why would there be?

There are many places that offer discounted parking to vehicles that have accessibility equipment. We get a discounted rate at EWR . The ports of Miami and Ft. Lauderdale are free to vehicles that have lifts. The reasoning is that we don't have as many options for parking and public transport.

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 1:50 PM, ZellaLamb said:

Does anyone know if there is discounted wheelchair accessible parking at the port in Bayonne? I've searched the website for Port Liberty but there is no mention of it.

Why would you expect a "discount" for leaving your car in a parking lot for a week?  We use a scooter, and always pay for our spot everyplace we go.  Only on occasion, do some cities have HC parking for free, but it is very unusual.

I have many good reasons to ask the question. Why would I "expect it"? I'm pretty sure that isn't what I said in my original post.

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 11:43 AM, Joseph2017China said:

Why would you expect a "discount" for leaving your car in a parking lot for a week?  We use a scooter, and always pay for our spot everyplace we go.  Only on occasion, do some cities have HC parking for free, but it is very unusual.

There are many places that offer discounted parking to vehicles that have accessibility equipment. We get a discounted rate at EWR . The ports of Miami and Ft. Lauderdale are free to vehicles that have lifts. The reasoning is that we don't have as many options for parking and public transport.

• 1 month later...

We just got back from a cruise leaving from Port Liberty, no discount for handicapped parking.  Charleston does offer free handicapped parking at the port.  And the Florida ports seem to offer if you have some kind of permanent accommodation to your vehicle (lift, hand controls, etc).

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/15/2019 at 11:43 AM, Joseph2017China said:

The simple answer is because people who have lifts have very few options for alternatives.  They cannot park cheaper and then transfer to a shuttle.   

For me I stay at a park and cruise and catch their shuttle.  But my scooter is reasonably light! 

Edited by Benthayer Gonbak