What exactly are Personal Cuise Consultants?

We have been cruising with NCL for many years and I have always just booked online

and called the general number if I had a question.

From time to time I get calls from a PCC and they say I have been assigned to them

and to call them with any issues.

I made an attempt a couple of times to do just that and either I couldn't reach them

or the info given was not correct. So I went back just to doing it myself.

Do they work for Norwegian or are they independents? Thanks.

My positive usage..Booked family cruise 4 cabins while on previous cruise. When time to book SDP, Dinner shows, excursions , I wasn't able to join 8 people ( combining 3 ncl accounts ) to 1 particular reservation time. Made my call and got a PCC. Everthing was made even for MDR's on the Breakaway. Not one line during Spring Break!!!

He has now booked 4 cruises from me because of this!!!

My question is how do I know who my PCC is?  Both our last trip and our next trip are in The Haven on the Getaway and I do not see a PCC name or number anywhere on my reservations or in my MyNCL account.

33 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

My question is how do I know who my PCC is?  Both our last trip and our next trip are in The Haven on the Getaway and I do not see a PCC name or number anywhere on my reservations or in my MyNCL account.

Hey Dave....good to see you around here.  Please extend my kind greetings to your beautiful wife.

I don't use NCL directly for my bookings anymore.  I have a good on line TA that has been wonderful and choose to use them.  But, when I did use NCL's PCCs, it seemed like turnover was pretty high.  I cruise fairly often.  And, I don't think I ever was able to find the same PCC more than once.  I would always have the "new" PCC email or call me stating they were taking over my account.  That's probably happened 5 times or more.

We've been with the same PCC since 2014. She's been wonderful for us and we'd never book without her. She constantly looks for price changes and additions for any cruise that we book. That said, she is not the norm, as I understand it.

We did not solicit her, she contacted us after our very first cruise with NCL.

We're new to NCL. Just booked Nov. 2020 Transatlantic online on Sunday. I had a question and called the main number, and was routed to a PCC. He explained everything and sent me confirmation emails. I saw where the cabin we initially picked on the Epic was a "enclosed balcony" (say what??) -- called him and he moved us to another one. I've emailed him twice and he has responded almost instantly both times, including adding the 250 minute internet perk due to the sale yesterday. Very pleased so far!

We were assigned a PCC after our first sailing with NCL. We received a card from her in the mail. Since then, other than when we book on board, we use her for all of our bookings. A few times she has gotten perks added to our bookings before final payment and in one case she got us a bit of OBC after a price drop on our room category after final payment. I am sure these are all things I could have had done by calling the general customer service number, but it is nice to be able to call/email someone directly rather than waiting on hold for the next available representative.