LIVE From the Star Princess - May 9, 2019 - LA to Vancouver 3-Day Repo

CanadianBurger

6 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Plus the little night light that's motion activated...what a great idea!!

Where was the night light? Part of the lamp? I didn’t see one as part of the lamp or anywhere else in my cabin. 

5 hours ago, Scottygirl1 said:

Thanks for the updates!  Is there any chance you have any other bar menu?  Wine, beer etc?  We are on Emerald Princess in a couple of weeks so I hope they have those USB plugs in the lamps.

I could have taken pics of the beer and wine menus had I known. In addition to each bar’s specialty, there’s s fleet-wide standard bar menu that was introduced last Christmas:

A few other notes: this is my first cruise where Canadians have outnumbered Americans. Thirteen-hundred something to twelve-hundred something.

The Vista lounge and Skywalkers shake like a cheap vibrating motel bed when the ship is doing 20 knots, so beware of aft cabins. 

And finally, in the words of Captain Tuvo,

“Bye-Bye!”

That's perfect thank you - someone just a posted recent MDR wine list on another thread so at least I know I've made the right decision now to get the drink package.  Now the only question is how do you know what a cheap vibrating motel bed feels like?  😎

6 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

Where was the night light? Part of the lamp? I didn’t see one as part of the lamp or anywhere else in my cabin. 

That's Princess for you...inconsistent.

We've been on 2 cruises recently (Star & Ruby), inside aft cabins, both had the USB lamps and a night light at the end of the desk near the floor that came on as you walked to the closet/bathroom area. The light stayed on for maybe 30-45 seconds. Very helpful and apparently NOT in all cabins.:classic_ninja::classic_blush:

Do you recall which color carpet dots were on the port side / starboard side?

Thanks!  Your review was amazing.  I loved all the details that you shared.  Thanks again.

Edited by Ferry_Watcher
added more information.

3 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Do you recall which color carpet dots were on the port side / starboard side?

Thanks!  Your review was amazing.  I loved all the details that you shared.  Thanks again.

Port side was red dots.  We didn't have a night light either (in a mini). We were in the farthest aft port side mini, and had a lot of rumbling, especially the last day. We had a huge balcony, but didn't use it much because of the grungy weather. Lots of indoor activities to enjoy though!

• Like 1