First Princess Booking - ??

13cheermom

So we have sailed other cruise lines in the past, however have booked our first cruise with Princess for an Alaskan cruise.  We own Carnival Corp stock, so I know we can get our shareholders OBC, but is there any other perk since we are Platinum with Carnival now?

If one of you is military (active, retired, or discharged), send a copy of the DD214 for discharged or the documentation of service (it's listed in the info, you'll find it with Google). You get the same amount of OBC as you get from the Shareholder Benefit and only have to send the proof once.

13 minutes ago, 13cheermom said:

So we have sailed other cruise lines in the past, however have booked our first cruise with Princess for an Alaskan cruise.  We own Carnival Corp stock, so I know we can get our shareholders OBC, but is there any other perk since we are Platinum with Carnival now?

If either of you are veteran's with 2 years or more (or 6 months in an active combat zone) and an honorable discharge, you are eligible for  the Veterans' OBC which on a 7 day cruise to Alaska would be $100. Just make sure you send in the paperwork at least 2 weeks prior to your sailing date. I'll attach a copy of the form to use to this message in case you do qualify as that will save you a bit of time. Only thing you'll need besides the form is a copy of your DD214 (Discharge Certificate)  Oh, and the OBC is refundable so if you don't use it you'll get it back in a check after the cruise!  It's also automatically added to every future Princess cruise also as it's linked to your Captain's Circle number which you'll get after your first Princess cruise. 

Welcome to Princess.  I hope you enjoy your cruises with the Princess line!  Oh, one other hint if you do enjoy your Princess cruise is to purchase at least 1 Future Cruise Deposit for each of you while onboard your cruise. They're $100 apiece and will get you some OBC in addition to serving as your deposit on a future cruise! If you don't use the FCD within 2 years, the money paid for them will be automatically returned to you at the end of the 2 years so you're not out any money at all.

Tom

Veterans Benefit Form.pdf

3 minutes ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

If either of you are veteran's with 2 years or more (or 6 months in an active combat zone) and an honorable discharge, you are eligible for  the Veterans' OBC which on a 7 day cruise to Alaska would be $100. Just make sure you send in the paperwork at least 2 weeks prior to your sailing date. I'll attach a copy of the form to use to this message in case you do qualify as that will save you a bit of time. Only thing you'll need besides the form is a copy of your DD214 (Discharge Certificate)  Oh, and the OBC is refundable so if you don't use it you'll get it back in a check after the cruise!  It's also automatically added to every future Princess cruise also as it's linked to your Captain's Circle number which you'll get after your first Princess cruise. 

Welcome to Princess.  I hope you enjoy your cruises with the Princess line!  Oh, one other hint if you do enjoy your Princess cruise is to purchase at least 1 Future Cruise Deposit for each of you while onboard your cruise. They're $100 apiece and will get you some OBC in addition to serving as your deposit on a future cruise! If you don't use the FCD within 2 years, the money paid for them will be automatically returned to you at the end of the 2 years so you're not out any money at all.

Tom

Veterans Benefit Form.pdf 124.5 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for all the helpful information, we don't qualify for the military discount, but those that do I applaud and thank you for your service.  My uncle was a dedicated Air Force veteran so I can appreciate the sacrifice that is given.  The future cruise deposit sounds very similar to FCC that Carnival use to also sell.  They have discontinued that program and even though we are on the east coast, definitely sounds like a motive to continue sailing with Princess on this coastline.  😁

Kind of related at least to save you some $$ ... maybe!

There is currently a gift card promotion at Princess.  Purchase $1000 in gift cards (no expiration but also non-refundable)  and receive a $50 bonus card (which can be applied to a current booking ... even if the sailing is beyond the 7/31/19 expiry).  

If you have an American Express preferred blue cash card, there is currently a promo for Princess cruises.  I think the terms are to spend $775 and receive a $225 statement credit (or something similar to that).  I can elaborate if you have that card and offer.  

I'm always looking for ways to save on travel ... these have been great little money savers for us.  

3 minutes ago, 13cheermom said:

Thanks for all the helpful information, we don't qualify for the military discount, but those that do I applaud and thank you for your service.  My uncle was a dedicated Air Force veteran so I can appreciate the sacrifice that is given.  The future cruise deposit sounds very similar to FCC that Carnival use to also sell.  They have discontinued that program and even though we are on the east coast, definitely sounds like a motive to continue sailing with Princess on this coastline.  😁

You're entirely welcome. There are a couple of nice cruises out of the NY/NJ area to NE and back as well as one from NY/NJ to Quebec and Quebec to NY/NJ. If you ever take the New England one I'd recommend the Lulu Lobster boat excursion out of Bar Harbor, ME.  That gentleman is a wealth of knowledge about the crabbing  business!

Tom

2 minutes ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

You're entirely welcome. There are a couple of nice cruises out of the NY/NJ area to NE and back as well as one from NY/NJ to Quebec and Quebec to NY/NJ. If you ever take the New England one I'd recommend the Lulu Lobster boat excursion out of Bar Harbor, ME.  That gentleman is a wealth of knowledge about the crabbing  business!

Tom

Great suggestion, have always thought about going on the NE to Canada route.  After doing Europe and all of the Caribbean itineraries, we have decided to start on some of our bucket list cruises.  I keep a notebook of helpful tips and hints about certain locations, so I will definitely add that to my list.  Thanks again!

Once on board take a look at purchasing a future cruise deposit (FCD). They $100 and are fully refundable if not used. Note FCD's are per person. If you are a couple each one needs to have an FCD for each to qualify for the benefits.

Upon making your new booking, the appropriate shipboard credit will be applied.*
Future Cruise Length, Per Person Shipboard Credit*
17 - 44 Days  $125 Inside, $125 Outside, $150 Balcony, $150 Suite
11 - 16 Days $75 Inside, $75 Outside, $100 Balcony, $100 Suite
7 - 10 Days $25 Inside, $25 Outside, $50 Balcony, $50 Suite
3 - 6 Days $15 Inside, $15 Outside, $25 Balcony, $25 Suite