Strange Luggage Announcement on Jewel

On all of my cruises I have never heard this type of announcement, but it makes sense...

The other scenario, is when a group of friends are traveling together.  Perhaps in adjoining cabins.  Bags are delivered, so one or more of the friends start moving the bags into the cabins, to be helpful.  Eventually a misdirected bag is just shoved under the bed, figuring one of the cabin mates will eventually inquire about it and its location.  However no one does, so it is forgotten about.  Then last day it is discovered.

I am a glass half full person, so I hope this is the scenario in most cases. 

However I do understand, how people may "borrow" luggage. 

I also have heard of luggage taking a "swim" upon embarkation.

1 hour ago, alphawave1 said:

I got one even better. 2007 Hawaiian circle cruise on the Serenade. Outside waiting to board we were watching luggage go up a conveyer belt into the ship, and kurplunk, a piece falls off into San Diego harbor water. 15 day cruise. WE all in unison shouted, “nooooooo”. 

I hope you called Security right away to retrieve the bag from the Harbor water. 

In the UK there is was a  tv series called "The Cruise".  It followed the life of crew members on Royal Princess.  In one episode a fork lift truck accidentally reversed into a luggage cage, on embarkation day. A Guest Service member told the camera crew that all the luggage was saved but approximately 12 guests had wet cases.