Update: towel animals & straws from Jade TA

erdoran

On my way home from Jade TA and wanted to address a couple of hot topics from when I left:

1.  Towel animals:  hotel director said that there is no decision on discontinuing towel animals; it's being tried on a couple of ships but no decision has been made.  Even if they decide to discontinue, you can request them from your steward and you will get them.

2.  Straws:  there were paper straws at all bars and they were automatically added to frozen drinks.  i didn't ask for any with non-frozen drinks, but given that they are available I suspect they would have been provided.

hope this helps.

20 minutes ago, erdoran said:

On my way home from Jade TA and wanted to address a couple of hot topics from when I left:

1.  Towel animals:  hotel director said that there is no decision on discontinuing towel animals; it's being tried on a couple of ships but no decision has been made.  Even if they decide to discontinue, you can request them from your steward and you will get them.

2.  Straws:  there were paper straws at all bars and they were automatically added to frozen drinks.  i didn't ask for any with non-frozen drinks, but given that they are available I suspect they would have been provided.

hope this helps.

If there is anyone we can trust it normally is the hotel director. He seems to always have the correct information 

We had towel animals in our cabin every night of our recent TA on the Jade.  We were surprised as we had heard that NCL had decided not to do them anymore (higher cost of laundering additional towels).  Glad they were there, but we wouldn't have had any issues if they weren't.

P.S.  Submitted a review a few days ago (mostly positive) but it still hasn't been published.  Are the CC people sitting on it for some reason?  How long should it take?

• Like 1

On the Dawn's Canada/New England cruise last week (5/11-5/18) and per General Manager, Alain Magnier, who stayed with the CC Meet & Greet group and did Q&A (thank you !!) - the ship was/is one of the 4 that participated in the trial - the tone/impression we're left with is that of environmental consideration - not on the basis of personnel (crew) resources & time savings,  etc.   No towel animals in our 4 staterooms (I/S and OV) - can't speak for others in balconies, minis and full suites.

RS will make them, upon request - can be important to those sailing without children but for our age cohort, our lives have other "higher" priorities.  We had a minor plumbing issue in one of our cabin on Day 6, RS was informed & he tried, promptly called down to maintenace for a quick response - and, had a worn part replaced shortly thereafter ... 

The 2 Pina Coladas we ordered came with the eco-straws.  

Now, I wish NCL would do something about those marketing flyers/color infommercial inserts ... most of them are discarded dailies into the round file; and, guest what, they aren't recycled & are "burned" onboard - per the GM.  

Edited by mking8288

1 hour ago, mking8288 said:

On the Dawn's Canada/New England cruise last week (5/11-5/18) and per General Manager, Alain Magnier, who stayed with the CC Meet & Greet group and did Q&A (thank you !!) - the ship was/is one of the 4 that participated in the trial - the tone/impression we're left with is that of environmental consideration - not on the basis of personnel (crew) resources & time savings,  etc.   No towel animals in our 4 staterooms (I/S and OV) - can't speak for others in balconies, minis and full suites.

RS will make them, upon request - can be important to those sailing without children but for our age cohort, our lives have other "higher" priorities.  We had a minor plumbing issue in one of our cabin on Day 6, RS was informed & he tried, promptly called down to maintenace for a quick response - and, had a worn part replaced shortly thereafter ... 

The 2 Pina Coladas we ordered came with the eco-straws.  

Now, I wish NCL would do something about those marketing flyers/color infommercial inserts ... most of them are discarded dailies into the round file; and, guest what, they aren't recycled & are "burned" onboard - per the GM.  

totally agree about the flyers, but I do glance throw them and I think we get fewer than we did, maybe 50 or so years ago. 

23 hours ago, ccsuwxman said:

We had towel animals in our cabin every night of our recent TA on the Jade.  We were surprised as we had heard that NCL had decided not to do them anymore (higher cost of laundering additional towels).  Glad they were there, but we wouldn't have had any issues if they weren't.

P.S.  Submitted a review a few days ago (mostly positive) but it still hasn't been published.  Are the CC people sitting on it for some reason?  How long should it take?

I was on that TA and would love to read your review

On 5/20/2019 at 10:12 AM, njkate said:

I was on that TA and would love to read your review

Personally, I would also like to read my review and share it with others.  But for some reason (I did not violate any CC guidelines) it has yet to be published on CC.  Submitted well over a week ago.

2 hours ago, ccsuwxman said:

Personally, I would also like to read my review and share it with others.  But for some reason (I did not violate any CC guidelines) it has yet to be published on CC.  Submitted well over a week ago.

It is now published. Have to agree on the hit or miss service in Alizar dining room

Clare is the absolute worst CD I've encountered, snooty, non engaging so agree 100%

Have to add DJ Vito in spinnaker lounge at night was awful as well and always ended up playing nothing but Spanish/latino music. Dave the singer guitarist from Canada put on a great show.

17 hours ago, njkate said:

It is now published. Have to agree on the hit or miss service in Alizar dining room

Clare is the absolute worst CD I've encountered, snooty, non engaging so agree 100%

Have to add DJ Vito in spinnaker lounge at night was awful as well and always ended up playing nothing but Spanish/latino music. Dave the singer guitarist from Canada put on a great show.

My DH & I were on the Jade in April(Panama) and we had great service in Alizar 9/10 nights we ate their. 

Ours was Clare's first cruise and I didn't have any interaction with her.

I hated DJ Vito. The first night there was a group of people dancing and he stopped playing the music mid song and changed it to Latino music and everyone left the dance floor.

I discovered Dave(Nova Scotia) the 2nd night of the cruise and stalked him every night. Magnums was never big enough to accommodate all the people vying for seats to listen to him.