Liberty Specialty Dining

We sailed Navigator of the Seas in 2014, and decided to book Liberty out of Galveston in 2019 again.  How is the dining package, for what I would describe as novice foodies?  We absolutely loved the entertainment, service, and amenities on RCCL, just not the MDR.  I'm hoping the dining package is the way to go.

We're still Classic with Celebrity, but booked a future cruise (not in our signature) that will push us to Select in the not so distant future.  Does that easily cross over to Crown and Anchor Platinum? 

Of course for those lurking, the answer to the riddle is: Explorer status in Le Club.

We greatly enjoyed our dining package on Liberty. Chops and Giovanni's were excellent. Would recommend both. We heard good things about Sabor, but since we are Texans, we are picky about Mexican style food. 

Edited by Septemberbride07
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Septemberbride07 said:

We greatly enjoyed our dining package on Liberty. Chops and Giovanni's were excellent. Would recommend both. We heard good things about Sabor, but since we are Texans, we are picky about Mexican style food. 

Nothing wrong with that, I grew up in Southern California.  Love Texmex though!

The last time we were on Liberty (last summer) the Sabor restaurant did not have Queso Fundido, which, IMO was the best thing on the whole menu.  When we went on NAV last months, they DID have queso fundido so it gives me hope that Liberty might get it back when are on in August.  Sure hope so !

BTW, we had the UDP on both Liberty and Navigator and found it to be excellent. If you are staying in a full suite and have the UDP, I recommend having the Concierge book your lunchtime meal in advance for you - otherwise, you have to fight for a seat among the Key hoarde.  We did this on NAV last month. It was great.  B/c we had the UDP, we were given the more comprehensive lunch menu while the Key folks got a more limited lunch menu.  I hope Liberty does the same.

Only specialty that we really liked was chops lunch and dinner were both very nice. Was disappointed in Giovanni’s. Entertainment is almost same as navigator but you have play Saturday night fever which is a nice show.