So called “Service Dogs” on board ships

kura

@Mary229 I was rather surprised that @sweetp0618 chose to drag a 4 year old quote forward.

I think this subject deserves discussion but they should start a new thread. I read part of that old thread and the general tone was that actual service animals were amazing and helpful. The problem was when the entitled few who need to bring their ill behaved and untrained pet on the cruise, claiming they are a service animal. By the way my personal feeling is seeing eye dog yes, emotional support ferret, or ostrich or snake or whatever, not so much.

34 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

@Mary229 I was rather surprised that @sweetp0618 chose to drag a 4 year old quote forward.

I think this subject deserves discussion but they should start a new thread. I read part of that old thread and the general tone was that actual service animals were amazing and helpful. The problem was when the entitled few who need to bring their ill behaved and untrained pet on the cruise, claiming they are a service animal. By the way my personal feeling is seeing eye dog yes, emotional support ferret, or ostrich or snake or whatever, not so much.

I didn't realize until after I hit send that this is an old thread. Sorry.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

I am quite sure you pulled a quote out of context and since it is from over 4 years ago I am certainly not going to dig through this thread to determine the context.  

If you don't like it, why waste your time commenting?

39 minutes ago, sweetp0618 said:

If you don't like it, why waste your time commenting?

Just so you know when you quote someone they are informed they were quoted. Many of us will respond when quoted, especially when they feel the quote wasn't used in a way that furthers the discussion. At this point in time this old thread was long dead and you chose to take an old quote and accuse someone of being against people with disabilities. I think people are against lame people claiming their pet is a "support animal" which makes it hard for people with properly trained animals to go about their lives without getting the side eye.

Everyone leave your pets at home. Those who have challenges that a trained assist animal can help with, you should be made welcome and your animal should be a positive reflection on your partnership.

Edited by Blackduck59
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1