One cabin but 2 credit cards

My son and I are sharing a cabin on Allure. I will be registering my credit card but  my son would like to have his credit card also registered in our cabin.  Is that possible?  

Each seapass card (room key card) has a payment method assigned to it that is set at online check-in. So if you both put a different credit card in, then anything you purchase using your seapass card will be charged to your credit card, and same for his.

Daily gratuities, if not pre-paid, are also assigned to each person in the cabin and will go to the payment method they specified.

My husband I will often put two credit cards down just to avoid having one card get all the purchases and having a higher utilization, even though they all get paid from the same bank account.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hijack but I just had a thought and didn’t know where to start searching in the threads for an answer.

There is cabin #1 (wife and I) and cabin #2 (our 4 kids).  My 19-year-old will be in cabin #2 and we plan on linking her Seapass to her credit card for charging privileges during the cruise and I'll link her siblings to one of my cards.  I’m assuming the automatic daily gratuities would appear in each of our folios.  Even though she works, lives rent free, and getting a free cruise, I’m sure my wife will want us to pay for those as well. {Oops…too much venting…stay focused}

It's probably a simple solution and I'm just over thinking.  I wasn’t sure if Guest Services could charge my card for the $105. Maybe they could apply only her gratuities to my card and have her card on file for everything else?  I didn’t want to stand in line at GS at the end of the cruise if it can be avoided.  I have a couple of other thoughts but wanted to have the correct information.  So, what options do I have to pay for her portion of the daily gratuities?  TIA

6 minutes ago, Mr. Candyman said:

Sorry to hijack but I just had a thought and didn’t know where to start searching in the threads for an answer.

There is cabin #1 (wife and I) and cabin #2 (our 4 kids).  My 19-year-old will be in cabin #2 and we plan on linking her Seapass to her credit card for charging privileges during the cruise and I'll link her siblings to one of my cards.  I’m assuming the automatic daily gratuities would appear in each of our folios.  Even though she works, lives rent free, and getting a free cruise, I’m sure my wife will want us to pay for those as well. {Oops…too much venting…stay focused}

It's probably a simple solution and I'm just over thinking.  I wasn’t sure if Guest Services could charge my card for the $105. Maybe they could apply only her gratuities to my card and have her card on file for everything else?  I didn’t want to stand in line at GS at the end of the cruise if it can be avoided.  I have a couple of other thoughts but wanted to have the correct information.  So, what options do I have to pay for her portion of the daily gratuities?  TIA

Pay her gratuities in advance or see guest services on board anytime during the cruise, it’s very easily done.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1