$695 per night for Europe 2020

gordylad

6 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

Nice, you are comparing pricing from a TA.   What did the TA have for Royal C?  The prices that I posted were all from the company websites.

RCL doesn't do a transatlantic from Rome....so it wouldn't even be close apples to apples.  

Pick your site(s)....you'll find all kinds of anomalies....I just picked one where I could look at multiple lines doing TA's from one port in 2020.  

4 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

RCL doesn't do a transatlantic from Rome....so it wouldn't even be close apples to apples.  

Pick your site(s)....you'll find all kinds of anomalies....I just picked one where I could look at multiple lines doing TA's from one port in 2020.  

Wrong, the cruise from Civit (port for Rome) was on the Royal C website.

8 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

Wrong, the cruise from Civit (port for Rome) was on the Royal C website.

Sorry...that cruise didn't show up on the TA site...when I looked for it specifically it said "call", maybe because I asked not to see non-refundable fares.

Found on another comparable TA site:

Explorer of the Seas  14 nights $1344 (I think this is a special..but fully refundable)

As most know, it pays to shop around....different TA's have different prices and perks for different cruises....they vary by cruise, not just by cruise line.  We always check fares with 4 or more TA's before booking.  The only time we book with the cruise line is when on-board if they offer something special...then we always move the booking to a TA (again after shopping what they will give us in addition to what the ship offered.  In some cases, we actually cancel the On Board Booking because the TA has such a good deal, it's just makes sense to book directly through them. 

You are all correct about the pricing -- Celebrity has gone a bit nuts... But you have to keep working those deals.  We have 3 cruises scheduled - one Oceania, and two Celebrity.  The one on Oceania 11 Days Lisbon to Rome - Ocean view cabin -  incl Air RT, Gratuities, SBC and Shore Excursions, Internet, etc. $3,199 PP. The other two - both on Reflection - Christmas Week -  approx. 1,250PP including the Classic Drink Package, Gratuities, $450 SBC, Internet and the last one -- Summer of 2020 11 Day - Ireland/Iceland $3,000 per person for a 1A Balcony on the Hump, Drink Package, Gratuities, $450 SBC, Internet, etc..

The Ports in Iceland and Norway are much more expensive for all involved.  We have been wanting to go but other lines were much more expensive.

There are deals around -- You need to shop, shop, shop... If you have a good TA - they will be on top of things and also make the adjustments.  I recently noticed the Christmas cruise had dropped another $100PP - I called and the adjustment was made and no changes to the perks. Also, on the Iceland trip I was looking to get a 2C balcony (and pay for a 2D with the 1 category free upgrade) well -- she told me I can pay for a 1B and get a 1A for a lower price that I found and within a day she wrote back to me that she got another $100 PP off this trip. 

You have to be ready to grab the deals when that pop-up and continue to monitor them.. We as the consumers need to stay on top of these prices and adjustments...

Happy Sailing!!!😁🛳️

Edited by neilrr

Baltic Cruise - 14 nights next June on Silhouette - Entry level balcony - £6000 inc "free" drinks and gratutities, thought that was steep until I saw the prices for a similar Azamara cruise....almost £12,000!!