$695 per night for Europe 2020

gordylad

Which is why we looked elsewhere this year. Both myself and Chemmo had this same conversation when the new itineraries were released last time and we decided to look at other lines and, I believe, she bought a new car for less 😉.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Although we have four future cruises booked, the only sure thing is the one in a few weeks.  The other three may be cancelled. DW and I discussed over dinner a few nights ago that we could plan a land based vacation and go where we want, on our own schedule at a lower cost per day without compromising on the quality of our accomodation or restaurants.  We believe the decision makers at Celebrity are starting to believe their own marketing hype  and think them are offerring a luxury product when in reality it is just a top end mass market line.  Just my humble opinion.

Edited by ScubesDad
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Nachosdelux said:

for that price I would choose Seabourn or Crystal!

Where do you find Seabourn at $700?.  We looked at Europe for next summer on Seabourn among others.  For Seabourn we were seeing Oceanview in the range of $1100 - 1200 per night.  Veranda cabins were $1300 + per night. Every line we looked at seemed quite high.

44 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Where do you find Seabourn at $700?.  We looked at Europe for next summer on Seabourn among others.  For Seabourn we were seeing Oceanview in the range of $1100 - 1200 per night.  Veranda cabins were $1300 + per night. Every line we looked at seemed quite high.

When Seabourn  has sales, they're pretty good.  This year you can do a 14 day Greek Island Cruise in July for $4,999 PP.  In October there's a 21 day cruise for $7499 PP

When you look at my per day rate on Regent for 2021, it's not that far off Celebrity when you add in upgraded drink package, tips, specialty dining.   Celebrity are nuts.

Edited by Cruise Junky
  • Like 1

We recently cancelled 2 of our 3 X cruises and booked a Viking cruise.  We will likely cancel our remaining X booking as well.  Viking is all inclusive and for us works out to be a better deal than X.  X prices are insane!!

2 hours ago, villauk said:

Which is why we looked elsewhere this year. Both myself and Chemmo had this same conversation when the new itineraries were released last time and we decided to look at other lines and, I believe, she bought a new car for less 😉.

Awaiting delivery! Enjoying England and Wales this summer....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wiltonian said:

Celebrity are having to slash some Med prices nearer embarkation, eg on the U.K. site, 9 nights in Aqua for £1179, 30 October, Barcelona to Venice, including drinks and grats.

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/cruises/cs-9-night-french-riviera-dalmatian-coast/CS09M118/20191030/?gty=false

Stuart

I was looking at the exciting deals earlier today, some good deals for Europe this year, obviously they're not getting the prices that they hoped to.   I'd wait before booking anything at this point

• Like 1

Time for you to look at Princess, HAL, RCL and Oceania.  Celebrity marketing is currently in what I call a "wish cloud" with their pricing and pricing schemes.  Hey, if they can fill their ships at these prices, more power to them and those 100 shares I bought many years ago just for the stockholder credit will continue to rise in value.....without my contributions.

I just cancelled two celebrity cruises...one replaced with a Princess cruise, the other probably with a rental house abroad for a week or two.  I vote with my $'s.

• Like 2

I was looking at a TA cruise from Rome to Miami in 2020 and Celebrity's was $600 pp more than the same cruise on Royal Caribbean for a balcony.   Looked at Princess and it was $1000 pp more than Celebrity.   

9 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

I was looking at a TA cruise from Rome to Miami in 2020 and Celebrity's was $600 pp more than the same cruise on Royal Caribbean for a balcony.   Looked at Princess and it was $1000 pp more than Celebrity.   

Which Princess ship?  I'm not seeing that kind of price disparity at all.

5 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

Which Princess ship?  I'm not seeing that kind of price disparity at all.

I just went back to the Princess website and the cruise I mentioned before is now $2,310 pp for a balcony, only $300 more pp than Celebrity's comparable cruise.   When I checked earlier it was $1000.  It is the Island Princess departing Civitavechia on December 4, 2020.   The Royal Caribbean cruise was less Explorer of the Seas departing Civi in November 2020 and a balcony costs $1300 pp.

Lowest refundable balcony price (perks differ)...from one big (unnamed because it doesn't matter) TA:

Princess Island Princess 16 days 12/4/20  $1675

Celebrity Reflection 13 days $1979

Celebrity Edge 14 days $2464

Everyone will compare different cabins and different perks and their preferred TAs....and make their own decisions, as they should.  We would compare a 1A price probably to a mini-suite on princess and that's not apples to apples, but to us it's what we normally book on each cruise line.

Edited by ghstudio
  • Thanks 1

DH and I could do the most amazing land trip for those prices.  That is crazy!  I'm sure if we look around, there could be cheaper prices.  But, if someone is willing to pay the price, okay.  I'm just not one of those people.  It's really no different than the people who stand in line forever and pay exorbitant prices to get the latest and greatest apple anything.  Some people will some won't.

Edited by screwsmcernst
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, gordylad said:

wow prices for 2020 are scary high......10 night Europe cruise in June 2020 in my mind is just not worth it

I’m assuming that per day price in the title is for 2 people. If so it looks like the price has gone up to over $400 pp/day for a C2 on either of the 10 day June 2020 European cruises. That’s one big reason why we book our X cruises as soon as they come out as they can jump over $200 pp/day a year out depending on how popular a cruise is. 

We have a couple of non celebrity bookings in the plans as Celebrity were just getting so expensive.

We have MSC Preziosa booked for October this year in the Yacht Club (suite) for £222 a day per person and the Azamara Pursuit for October 2020 at around £320 pppd in a Club Ocean suite. Celebrity when I checked were around. I am sure Celebrity were over £11,000 for a 11 night cruise in a sky suite for October this year and close to £10,000 for 10 nights in an S1 when we checked. Decided no thanks, lets look around. 

12 hours ago, ghstudio said:

Lowest refundable balcony price (perks differ)...from one big (unnamed because it doesn't matter) TA:

Princess Island Princess 16 days 12/4/20  $1675

Celebrity Reflection 13 days $1979

Celebrity Edge 14 days $2464

Everyone will compare different cabins and different perks and their preferred TAs....and make their own decisions, as they should.  We would compare a 1A price probably to a mini-suite on princess and that's not apples to apples, but to us it's what we normally book on each cruise line.

Nice, you are comparing pricing from a TA.   What did the TA have for Royal C?  The prices that I posted were all from the company websites.

1 hour ago, 4774Papa said:

Nice, you are comparing pricing from a TA.   What did the TA have for Royal C?  The prices that I posted were all from the company websites.

If you tell us the ship and date, we can tell you. RCL is too vague.