Vibration in cabin 8281 on deck 8 Celebrity Eclipse

Ritap

I have read quite a few places that there is an issue with vibration in some of the cabins.  I have searched this forum for any information on cabin 8281, but can't find any.  The reason I chose this cabin is to get a larger balcony, but I don't want to have issues with vibrations the entire cruise.  Has anyone on this forum stayed in cabin 8281, and were there any problems with it?

Thank you

7 hours ago, Ritap said:

I have read quite a few places that there is an issue with vibration in some of the cabins.  I have searched this forum for any information on cabin 8281, but can't find any.  The reason I chose this cabin is to get a larger balcony, but I don't want to have issues with vibrations the entire cruise.  Has anyone on this forum stayed in cabin 8281, and were there any problems with it?

Thank you

Can you site some of the places where you read this about vibration problems. We just got off Eclipse last week and heard nothing about this problem or heard anyone complaining about their cabin.

10 minutes ago, jsf said:

Can you site some of the places where you read this about vibration problems. We just got off Eclipse last week and heard nothing about this problem or heard anyone complaining about their cabin.

Here is a link to one of the threads that mentioned the vibration.  One of them specifically mentions that it appeared that most of the problem was on deck 8.  I am just trying to get someones first hand experience from cabin 8281.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2579365-vibrations-on-eclipse/?tab=comments#comment-55612580

we experienced it on eclipse way back when, many of my postings were on cruise, and despite some people saying that we couldn't sleep in the room, i can guarantee you that my wife didn't sleep in our room.  I will tell you that the problem was limited, move 2 or 3 doors down and everything was fine.

I would look on the s line database on the top of this board and look for that room or the one next to it, because that would be a good indications, i did leave a note on my room.

We are traveling again on celebrity on reflection this time and staying in the royal suite this time, I haven't seen anyone complaining about those rooms.

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed in 9281 & definitely had the vibration for the first couple of days (transatlantic from Southampton, UK). You could see ripples in the water jug! We found that the vibration disappeared just by walking fwd by a few cabins or aft by a few more. Checked the starboard side & didn't feel the vibration (in the corridor). Checked deck 8 & noticed vibration in similar location as deck 9. Checked deck 10 & couldn't find any vibration. (We were on a mission!)

By day 3 the vibration went away. Not sure if it was due to change in speed or water depth? Never noticed it again for the rest of the cruise.

Did the same TA the following year in 9221 (similar position to 8281 on the hump) & had no vibration at all.

I was one of those who had serious vibration problems on Eclipse.  Do not recall the cabin # offhand, but I know it was not one of the hump cabins.  It was rear of the hump cabins.  Not sure how far forward the vibrations were, but I think you are safe with a hump cabin.  Also, that was quite awhile ago - perhaps whatever was wrong has since been fixed.