Prebooking shore exc, wifi, drink pkgs

Are the prices really less expensive when you book ahead versus on the ship?     When I look in my cruise planner, it says about everything is some percentage off, but I wasn't sure if it was a marketing ploy and the same prices would be available once onboard.   For example, I'm seeing the soda package being offered in the cruise planner for 8.99/day, floats at Coco Cay 13.99/day, wifi 12.99/day.   This is for a sailing on the Mariner.

12 minutes ago, cruisewiththekids said:

Are the prices really less expensive when you book ahead versus on the ship?     When I look in my cruise planner, it says about everything is some percentage off, but I wasn't sure if it was a marketing ploy and the same prices would be available once onboard.   For example, I'm seeing the soda package being offered in the cruise planner for 8.99/day, floats at Coco Cay 13.99/day, wifi 12.99/day.   This is for a sailing on the Mariner.

Absolutely....prices will fluctuate but will always be cheaper than purchasing once on-board.  Ignore the percentage and just look at the final price.  And after making your pre-purchase, continue to check prices so that if the price goes down you can just cancel and re-book at the lower price.  

Edited by Mr. Candyman
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, cruisewiththekids said:

I can't speak for every cruise on every ship, but those are good prices.  If you want those things, book them NOW.  As in:  RIGHT NOW.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I can't speak for every cruise on every ship, but those are good prices.  If you want those things, book them NOW.  As in:  RIGHT NOW.

I haven't heard of the soda package being that low until a couple of days ago; it's been holding at $9.99/day so yes, jump on that one.  You might even find the Soda/Voom package at a good deal if you only need 1-device.  

Edited by Mr. Candyman