NCL Spirit balcony staterooms - bed configuration

Our family of four (two adults, two teens) have booked adjoining balcony staterooms.  Our teens will be staying in one stateroom.  

Does anyone know if the bed in a balcony stateroom can be configured as two twins instead (to avoid the horror of them having to sleep in the same bed)?  Or is it physically one queen bed?

thanks!

Edited by Cruisingfan42
Title

Just back from the Bliss but the room sizes are generally similar on the ships - The space between the two beds will be just enough to walk sideways between. If the beds are set up near the closet, it will be tough getting into the closet but it is doable.

The rooms are definitely smaller, but so is the couch. On the bliss, it is almost double that size. I think my estimations would still be correct - can be done but literally a leg width between the bed, like we had. Now, you can access the first bed from the sofa side and the second bed from the balcony side, which has slightly more space due to the way the opening is. I wish I would have taken a pic once the beds were split.

Basically, if you look in the pic, they will move the bed closest to the couch against it and move the narrow nightstand between the beds.

for sure! We were fine in our cabin but it made me second guess not getting a mini suite for just a couple hundred more. At the time, looking at square footage, I didn't think it was worth it but those few feet would have made a difference between the beds. And bigger bath (on the Bliss).

I will be sailing on the Spirit starting on May 31st in a balcony cabin with the beds separated, since it will be just my DD and I.  I will try to remember to take a picture of the beds and post it either while on board if the internet allows or when I get back mid June. 

I usually just let the cabin steward know once we are on board and go to our cabin.  If I do not see them I usually leave a note on the bed for them.

My last cruise I let NCL know in advance but I still had to let the cabin steward know since the beds were not separated.

Edited by jlabs03

My sister and I have sailed a few times in balcony cabins on the Spirit.

We have the beds separated. They split down the middle from large double to two singles.The one nearest the balcony goes against the end of the couch. Then a small bedside table then second bed  against the bathroom wall. It was fine for us. There was enough space to get between them and we are big people. Teenage boys will be fine with the space they will be out most of the time anyway.

• 1 month later...

We booked sailaway, and got our cabin assignment for both of our b2b cruises.  We have 11620 and 11630.  On the deckplan, these cabins have a diamond symbol, which says "queen bed".  Had anyone been in either of those cabins?  Are they different than the normal bed configuration?  We don't care, but are curious!

***** Just realised that the deck plan I was looking at was not ncl, but cruisedeckplans, so nevermind!!!!!****""

Edited by azcruise