How long before FCC shows up

WMQueenie

I never had an FCC (Future Cruise Credit) before and am wondering how long before it shows up on my account.  I booked a cruise a few days ago and immediately filled out the reimbursement form.  Did not receive any kind of response, like an auto-response email saying, we received your request.  I only put down $100 deposit with final payment due in June.  I was hoping the FCC would be processed before final payment was due.  Anyone have experience with FCC?   Thanks in advance!

I have done this a few times online. I can’t give an exact timeframe, but the credit was applied within a week at the longest. I didn’t receive any email or other notification. I just periodically checked cruise manager and eventually I could see the credit was applied. 

Mine was immediate-ish.  I booked online, filled out the form, then voila.  I paid in full, but I can't remember if I did that before or after filling out the form.  I never received any kind of notification, which I think is weird.  If I hadn't paid attention to the price when I booked, then checked again when I filled out the form, I wouldn't have known for sure.

4 hours ago, WMQueenie said:

I never had an FCC (Future Cruise Credit) before and am wondering how long before it shows up on my account.  I booked a cruise a few days ago and immediately filled out the reimbursement form.  Did not receive any kind of response, like an auto-response email saying, we received your request.  I only put down $100 deposit with final payment due in June.  I was hoping the FCC would be processed before final payment was due.  Anyone have experience with FCC?   Thanks in advance!

Just one note of caution...

Based on the fact that you just put down a $100 deposit, you MAY have received a promotional rate when you booked the cruise.  If this is the case...and assuming the promotion is no longer running...your FCC request, if approved, may prompt Carnival to require a further deposit from you to secure your reservation. 

If this is the case, you should receive an email from Carnival informing you that a further deposit is required and you have X hours (usually 24-48 hours if I recall correctly) to make the additional deposit or lose the reservation.

If your request for FCC is declined, the above would be moot and your $100 deposit would still be valid in securing the reservation.

Hope this makes sense...

Garnett

11 minutes ago, N7786W Flyer said:

Just one note of caution...

Based on the fact that you just put down a $100 deposit, you MAY have received a promotional rate when you booked the cruise.  If this is the case...and assuming the promotion is no longer running...your FCC request, if approved, may prompt Carnival to require a further deposit from you to secure your reservation. 

If this is the case, you should receive an email from Carnival informing you that a further deposit is required and you have X hours (usually 24-48 hours if I recall correctly) to make the additional deposit or lose the reservation.

If your request for FCC is declined, the above would be moot and your $100 deposit would still be valid in securing the reservation.

Hope this makes sense...

Garnett

Interesting....it is a sizable FCC and absolutely should not be declined!  The only reason we booked this cruise is because of the FCC (we had a time limit to redeem it).  I have no problem paying off the balance in full today, so long as I get the FCC!

2 hours ago, bm6pm5 said:

When did they start the FCC back up?

Actually, I think the OP is referring to an Early Saver price reduction/onboard credit...and not a true FCC (Future Cruise Certificate) like Carnival used to sell years ago.

Garnett

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bm6pm5 said:

When did they start the FCC back up?

1 hour ago, N7786W Flyer said:

Actually, I think the OP is referring to an Early Saver price reduction/onboard credit...and not a true FCC (Future Cruise Certificate) like Carnival used to sell years ago.

Garnett

Both of you are wrong.  The first sentence of the first post defines FCC as future cruise credit.  I don't know how OP got theirs, but I was given a 20% future cruise credit as additional compensation for missing a port due to a lady going overboard on the Triumph on 1/21/18.  I used it on my 2/10/19 cruise on the Sunshine.  A future cruise credit acts like a payment.  It doesn't lower the rate or change the rate code.  Future cruise credits are also given when you cancel an early saver cruise.

*Sigh* 😞  I saw the thread title and got excited, thinking Carnival had brought back the other type of FCC (Future Cruise Certificate).  Like that's ever going to happen.🙄  Oh well.

I'm glad it all worked out for the OP.:classic_smile:

On 5/21/2019 at 10:56 PM, Tiger0613 said:

Both of you are wrong.  The first sentence of the first post defines FCC as future cruise credit.  I don't know how OP got theirs, but I was given a 20% future cruise credit as additional compensation for missing a port due to a lady going overboard on the Triumph on 1/21/18.  I used it on my 2/10/19 cruise on the Sunshine.  A future cruise credit acts like a payment.  It doesn't lower the rate or change the rate code.  Future cruise credits are also given when you cancel an early saver cruise.

Back a quite a few years ago Carnival would sell FCC's on the cruise you were on for 100$. If you bought it you could use it toward a future cruise and there were additional perks that went with it that I can't remember off hand but I believe it was some kind of on board credit. It has been several years since they have done this and was hoping they had brought it back.

The old FCCs were discontinued in 2012.  I sure miss them. It was basically free money - OBC applied on the future cruise when the certificate was "bought" on your current cruise.  It wasn't really a purchase, though, just a $100 deposit, that would then be applied to the cruise fare of the future cruise.  The amount of OBC one received from the FCC depended on the length of the cruise - up to $200.

Here's the CC article announcing the end of the program:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4988

13 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

The old FCCs were discontinued in 2012.  I sure miss them. It was basically free money - OBC applied on the future cruise when the certificate was "bought" on your current cruise.  It wasn't really a purchase, though, just a $100 deposit, that would then be applied to the cruise fare of the future cruise.  The amount of OBC one received from the FCC depended on the length of the cruise - up to $200.

Here's the CC article announcing the end of the program:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4988

Wow!  I didn’t know Carnival once had that program.  It is wonderful, and we have used it many times on Princess.  I hope it is never discontinued!

We received the FCC when we were on the Pride over Thanksgiving week and the ship had mechanical issues.  100% refund of our cruise fair (excluding taxes, fees and port charges).....😊

22 hours ago, WMQueenie said:

We received the FCC when we were on the Pride over Thanksgiving week and the ship had mechanical issues.  100% refund of our cruise fair (excluding taxes, fees and port charges).....😊

You are right - that is indeed a sizable credit.  Glad it worked out for you. :classic_smile: