Summit Deck 9 and Persian Gardens

Tplusthree

Hello- we are a group of 18 sailing early august Bayonne to Bermuda on Celebrity Summit. We had seven oceanview rooms/deck 2 but was able to get them all upgraded to concierge class deck 9 due to fare drop. Celebrity explained no discounts after final payment, so now we are in deck 9 and happy we were able to still have connecting rooms as we are all traveling with kids. Just wondering if anyone has had any issues on Deck 9 aft, under the oceanview cafe?

I figured there was probably a reason the rooms were open. My parents are early to bed and I worry about noise from above. our group sales rep says the rooms are “soundproof,” but not certain I believe that. 

Also, considering buying a week pass to persian gardens. Anyone who has done that, was it worth it? did you enjoy?

thanks for any insight.

• Like 1

I cannot speak to the cabin location but I have bought a pass for the Persian Garden while on a TA last spring and I really enjoyed it.  The days got cooler and weather was an issue so I loved relaxing on the heated loungers and watching the sea.  I used all aspects of the aroma rooms and showers, etc.  

Summit does not have heated loungers with sea views.

Summit PG is  interior with a heated curved bench.. check X website for pics of the upgraded area.. very nice but no sea views or loungers!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cruisingnewtoit said:

Very disappointed about the lack of loungers & sea views. I was hoping the ship would at least have that since there is no thermal pool. I'm hoping BLu will be good.

I believe there is a thalassotherapy pool by the spa café on the Summit. It is separate from the regular pool, but on the same deck as the pool and the spa. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is a Solarium pool ...it is nice, no fee.  But it is not a real  T pool with minerals etc...like on QM 2 or what they used to have on Century and Mercury But still very nice...

• Thanks 1

On 5/21/2019 at 12:13 PM, hcat said:

Summit does not have heated loungers with sea views.

Summit PG is  interior with a heated curved bench.. check X website for pics of the upgraded area.. very nice but no sea views or loungers!

My bad--I was on Solstice.  Need to edit--I was on  SILHOUETTE--I am going on Solstice later this year.  Clearly I need more coffee this morning.  

Edited by Katyoparty

We sailed in Deck 9 cabins under the Oceanview Buffet but we were in the AQ cabins, closer to being below the entrance so we had no noise from chairs scraping above or anything like that. On the positive side, if you ever want a snack or a drink, they are nearby. I enjoy the Persian Gardens on Summit but it's included in my AQ fare so I'm not sure if I'd pay extra for it. While there are no tile loungers, there is a heated bench that can be pleasant. The downside of the lovely loungers on S-Class ships is that there are a limited number of them and some folks think it's okay to occupy one for the entire afternoon! The sauna and steam rooms on M-Class ships are nicer than the ones I've experienced on S-Class. You can get a tour on embarkation day and then decide.

13 minutes ago, 2theship said:

We sailed in Deck 9 cabins under the Oceanview Buffet but we were in the AQ cabins, closer to being below the entrance so we had no noise from chairs scraping above or anything like that. On the positive side, if you ever want a snack or a drink, they are nearby. I enjoy the Persian Gardens on Summit but it's included in my AQ fare so I'm not sure if I'd pay extra for it. While there are no tile loungers, there is a heated bench that can be pleasant. The downside of the lovely loungers on S-Class ships is that there are a limited number of them and some folks think it's okay to occupy one for the entire afternoon! The sauna and steam rooms on M-Class ships are nicer than the ones I've experienced on S-Class. You can get a tour on embarkation day and then decide.

What cabin were you in on deck 9?

• 2 weeks later...

We had 2 cabins on the Summit on Deck 9 last summer. They were located between the mid and aft elevators. We were prepared for some noise above but there was none. It was a fabulous location for proximity to the buffet and the pool; perfect for traveling with kids. You’ll have a great time, enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

I decided against paying extra for the Persian Gardens because it did not have individual heated loungers. I also felt like the location was not very secluded/private.

There is a dry sauna in the locker room that you can use for free though. I did use and enjoy that :).

When we have a cabin under the OV Cafe or any other area that could have a potential for noise we pack earplugs.  They work like a charm  bring them and don’t need them; don’t bring them and wish we had😄

• 1 month later...