MSC Current Status Match Tables

GenghisQuan

11 minutes ago, tennboy1981 said:

So i called this morning.  He said he applied the discount but i asked about a refund and said i would have to adk on board?  There's a language barrier with them at times...

Weird.  I called 3 times last week. One about this issue and all 3 times I talked to very nice ladies all from the south.  As I could tell by the accent and I always ask.    Maybe try another call.    My 5% I got back to my CC was only 28.00 as my entire cruise cost me 840.00 for a week.   
not sure what your cost was but still may be worth another call.   

On 9/7/2022 at 1:48 PM, Steph_ said:

Carnival Gold to MSC Silver.

I filled out the form online for myself with no cruise booked. We booked a cruise a few days later and my status automatically showed as Silver.

I then filled out the form and submitted for DH…. His was approved within 24 hours and he was updated on MSC as silver. 

I attached a screen shot from Carnivals site for each of us showing our status.

Hope this helps! 

Steph

And Congrats!  It is one heck of a promo.

See you in about 30

Cheers

11 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

Weird.  I called 3 times last week. One about this issue and all 3 times I talked to very nice ladies all from the south.  As I could tell by the accent and I always ask.    Maybe try another call.    My 5% I got back to my CC was only 28.00 as my entire cruise cost me 840.00 for a week.   
not sure what your cost was but still may be worth another call.   

If i dont see any refund, ill call back in a few days.

With a fare that was tempting enough for me I went ahead and put a deposit down on a 40th birthday cruise in 19 months. When I went to try and do the status match on a PC with a web browser I had absolutely no luck regardless of the browser I tried (error received on the zip code to auto fill city/state).

On a whim I went ahead and downloaded the MSC app. Used my booking number and ID to get logged in. From there here's how I finally got mine submitted. This was all within the app and apologies for the steps...may have been a little too determined.

Go to the Profile tab and click on MSC Voyagers Club

FAQ and T&C

MSC Voyagers Club FAQ

Click on the MSC Cruises at the top (takes to home page)

Scroll down to Change County to USA/English

Scroll down to News and Info, click the + sign and select sitemap

Scroll down and select Status Match Program

Fill out the information and submit (Zip Code field worked...had proof of status where I was able to get it on my phone)

Hope this information is helpful for those who are having issues with the PC browser not completing the auto fill.

• Thanks 1

I just received an email from MSC requesting a copy of a physical card, which I do not have, and requiring that my name be on my proof of existing membership in a loyalty program.   My name was there, under the heading "Legal Name" in all caps.   So, I replied to their email, but it does not make sense for me to submit the same thing already submitted to meet the requirement that my name is on it, when my name already is there.   It is very hard to believe that they missed my name on what I sent them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2022 at 9:28 PM, thethirdhalf said:

With a fare that was tempting enough for me I went ahead and put a deposit down on a 40th birthday cruise in 19 months. When I went to try and do the status match on a PC with a web browser I had absolutely no luck regardless of the browser I tried (error received on the zip code to auto fill city/state).

On a whim I went ahead and downloaded the MSC app. Used my booking number and ID to get logged in. From there here's how I finally got mine submitted. This was all within the app and apologies for the steps...may have been a little too determined.

Go to the Profile tab and click on MSC Voyagers Club

FAQ and T&C

MSC Voyagers Club FAQ

Click on the MSC Cruises at the top (takes to home page)

Scroll down to Change County to USA/English

Scroll down to News and Info, click the + sign and select sitemap

Scroll down and select Status Match Program

Fill out the information and submit (Zip Code field worked...had proof of status where I was able to get it on my phone)

Hope this information is helpful for those who are having issues with the PC browser not completing the auto fill.

Thank you for this post. Over the weekend we decided to dip our toes in the MSC waters and booked a short one for next year. I followed your steps to the T, and received our status match confirmations this morning. Easy peasy. Can't wait to cruise! Thanks again.

• Like 1

My husband and I just signed up for an MSC cruise in December (Meraviglia) and joined the Voyagers Club.  We submitted the form to match using our best memberships:

Me:  Platinum Royal Caribbean

Given Voyagers:  Silver (2,200 points)

Husband:  Hilton Diamond

Given Voyagers: Diamond (10,000 points)

Question:  Will we get the benefits on this first cruise we take?  Does it matter that my name is the first on the booking?  Thanks!  

13 hours ago, LadyZolt said:

Will we get the benefits on this first cruise we take?  Does it matter that my name is the first on the booking?

When you receive your eTicket, it should list both names (if you're in the same cabin) and your status should be right next to your names:

image.thumb.png.43a90e86bf7ad8fe79dba268886f7577.png

One you're onboard, you can use this as "proof" of your status in case you have any difficulties getting the free dinner or other benefits.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Best Cat Mom said:

When you receive your eTicket, it should list both names (if you're in the same cabin) and your status should be right next to your names ...One you're onboard, you can use this as "proof" of your status in case you have any difficulties getting the free dinner or other benefits.

Thanks!  I did call today to pre-pay gratuities, but the MSC phone rep said that their payment system wasn't working right so I should wait.  I asked her about the 5% discount and our Voyager levels, and she made sure we got the discount and also that our Voyagers Club levels are reflected properly, and she said we will get the benefits of them on the cruise even though this is our first time sailing with MSC.  I have to say -- so far, I'm very impressed with MSC!  The cruise is very affordable and their customer service has been great!    🙂 

• Like 1

We are 7 cruise days away from making Platinum on Carnival. I have a 7 day Carnival cruise booked 'before' my MSC cruise in December which will bring my spouse and I to Platinum before our MSC cruise. I applied for the Voyager Club matching, hoping to use the credit for Platinum on Carnival. Of course, MSC approved me only for Silver level.

Since I have not yet applied for my wife's Loyalty matching, I am thinking I can wait until we return from our Carnival cruise at which time we will both be Platinum, then apply for her loyalty matching which should bring her to Gold level. At least one of us will then have the Gold status. 

My confusion is, I'm wondering if two spouses can be two different levels on the same loyalty program? Each person is separate, correct? Sorry, but this is my first experience with MSC and their loyalty matching program. I am unable to confirm if my logic is correct, so here I am. Thanks for any advice from those in the know. 

Edited by Jeep Driver
misspelling

Applied in August for my match - ELITE with Princess - Got matched as DIAMOND (Black). Fast response when I sent a screenshot of my Princess Captain's Circle page.

Applied for my husbands - he is PLATINUM with Princess, and got status matched to GOLD.  His application took less than 24 hours.

Hello! I am new to MSC, we booked our first cruise for Nov 8th. We have really only sailed Disney and have Gold there. I read the doc and see there is a gold match for MSC.. Can anyone comment if I have enought time to process a match for my cruise and what are the benefits for Gold at MSC?? thanks

Has anyone used this offer?

STATUS MATCH PLUS OFFER

Terms & Conditions:

Offer is applicable to new bookings made between September 7, 2022, through November 30, 2022, and departure dates from November 1, 2022, through February 28, 2023. Diamond and Gold status match clients are excluded. New MSC Voyagers Club members who have successfully completed a Status Match will be upgraded one level above their status prior to cruise departure. A Status Match request must be approved before confirming the booking number. World Cruise is excluded. Offer is not combinable with MSC Voyagers Club offers.

Does this mean if I request a match and get matched to silver, and if I booked a cruise 9/7-11/30 for 11/1-2/28, that I will actually be bumped up to Gold status permanently? 

Thanks!  

On 10/27/2022 at 9:34 AM, spiaseczny1 said:

My platinum Marriott matched to Silver.

My Husband's diamond was matched to Diamond.

We have a 35 day Grand Voyage coming up in March 2023, Hoping that i will qualify for the discount before the final payment.  

How long did it take after submission to receive the match?  Did you get any kind of confirmation email once you submitted the form or only once they actually processed the match?  Thanks in advance! 

On 10/28/2022 at 10:10 AM, JayMikey said:

Has anyone used this offer?

STATUS MATCH PLUS OFFER

Terms & Conditions:

Offer is applicable to new bookings made between September 7, 2022, through November 30, 2022, and departure dates from November 1, 2022, through February 28, 2023. Diamond and Gold status match clients are excluded. New MSC Voyagers Club members who have successfully completed a Status Match will be upgraded one level above their status prior to cruise departure. A Status Match request must be approved before confirming the booking number. World Cruise is excluded. Offer is not combinable with MSC Voyagers Club offers.

Does this mean if I request a match and get matched to silver, and if I booked a cruise 9/7-11/30 for 11/1-2/28, that I will actually be bumped up to Gold status permanently? 

Thanks!  

Where did you find this?!!!

Is there any reason for both me and my wife to request a sttaus match, or are we both treated the same if only one of us has status (like on every other cruise line)? I'm thinking that if I request a match for myself, and for some reason we don't cruise MSC within three years, we could then request a status match for my wife. We're both Princess Elite, so we'd get Diamond status on MSC.

On 11/8/2022 at 3:31 PM, letmego4 said:

Where did you find this?!!!

i see it in the promotions on MSC’s travel agent website. It certainly is worth trying, though I suspect it would be a struggle to accomplish. I would include that screenshot in any such request. Just note that it does exclude status matched to Gold or Diamond, so if they match you to gold, you’re not going to get upgraded to diamond. If you match to silver, then you would get the upgrade to gold. 

On 8/14/2021 at 12:52 PM, SeaDayLvr said:

Has anyone tried this with Azamara?  I am an explorer with Azamara, 201 points, but also 201 points with Celebrity which is the Select tier.    

I am not sure which to submit?

@SeaDayLvrdid you ever give this a try with MSC? Searching this thread I haven't seen any data points for people matching Azamara to MSC.