How often are promos not good on singles?

omc329

I've been trying to book a cruise on the current promo, one double for dh and myself and one single for my son. They will not apply the promo to the single. I was told if he booked a second in the cabin and later dropped the second, it would change his booking and drop the perks.

Does this happen often to singles on Princess? I mean, he's already paying a double fare, he doesn't qualify for the same promos???? Experienced singles, is there hope that I can get this repriced down the line with a FAIR promo? The cruise is not until Jan 20, so we have time, but if there is no hope that ANY of the promos will apply to a single, I may be rethinking this cruise.

What promo are you trying to get and who are you booking with? Princess, a cruise TA or a general TA?

When I have cruised as a solo, most promos do apply to me.

Edited by Coral

7 minutes ago, Coral said:

What promo are you trying to get and who are you booking with? Princess, a cruise TA or a general TA?

When I have cruised as a solo, most promos do apply to me.

Current promo ends june 6th, free gratuities and obc. I was booking through a big box TA, gave up and called Princess direct, same story, not good on the singles, no gratuities, no obc, no nothing. Your post gives me hope, that perhaps this thing can be refared with something more fair. Thank you for the response.

post note: It IS good on a couple on the same cruise and cabin.

Edited by omc329

12 minutes ago, omc329 said:

Current promo ends june 6th, free gratuities and obc. I was booking through a big box TA, gave up and called Princess direct, same story, not good on the singles, no gratuities, no obc, no nothing. Your post gives me hope, that perhaps this thing can be refared with something more fair. Thank you for the response.

post note: It IS good on a couple on the same cruise and cabin.

I booked a cruise on that promo as a single. I did get free gratuities and OBC. 

The only way he can get the free grats and obc is if he pays a higher price. Coincidentally the higher price is a $12 difference when one adds the current fare as it shows plus grats, obc and the TA credit difference. So, yes, I CAN book it that way through the TA, but with absolutely NO benefit, (actually costs $12 more). Perhaps it is just this ship. I checked other sailing dates and they all do the same thing. I'm not a novice to cruising and have no reason to lie. It IS what it IS.

• Haha 1

I'm solo. I get that all promos + additional OBC from my PVP (12th yr Princess Vacation Planner)

Edited to add: when you get ××OBC each in your stateroom I get 2×OBC in mine. Last promo was 200 OBC per pax 1st 2 pax. I got 400 OBC. 

Edited by Ombud

Technically the current sale (Spend at sea with up to $500 OBC and free gratuities) applies to singles.  It is just that in the OP’s case, the single fare rate on her cruise is not the usual ‘double the rate less one tax’ of the double occupancy rate.  The same may or may not apply to other sailings, depending on what the going rate is, and how much that rate is currently discounted from the launch fare.

On my next Alaska sailing, where we have a solo friend also booked, the fare with the promo was advantageous for her to rebook.

Edited by cherylandtk

I've run into this problem on the "second passenger sails free" promos.  When I have tried to get the rate for one passenger, I was told it wasn't available.   I have never run into it when booking a regular double occupancy cabin for one by paying the single supplement.  

50 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Wasn't Kruisey talking about this a month or 2 ago or was that a cabin issue?

I think a month ago - wasn't it about not being able to use a walker on the tenders?

I just double checked a cruise I held for December on the promo. Everything is how I expected it to be - double OBC, free gratuities and single supplement at 200%.

Edited by Coral