Carnival RADIANCE

5 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

Anyone already booked?

So far we have two cruises booked for 2021

The Carnival Elation on January 9th and the brand NEW Carnival RADIANCE for February 13th.

I assume you know Radiance is not “brand new”.  It is currently sailing as Victory, which will be renamed Radiance after a significant makeover next year. 

12 day Mediterranean, Barcelona round trip- May 9, 2020. Picked the second sailing rather than inaugural- 2 days longer with 3 more ports. We did Vista inaugural in 2016- can't wait to go back. 352 days and counting!

Edited by rn4t5

9 Day Med cruise from Barcelona departing on May 21, 2020. Returning to Barcelona on May 30, 2020. If Radiance turns out like Sunshine she will be a fine refurbished ship. Already started on shore excursion research and planning. Already spoke with Delta about using Sky Miles to get to Barcelona. Going to Barcelona a couple of days early. Hope and Pray to catch a Barcelona FC game before we sail away...schedule won’t be released for awhile.

30 minutes ago, Tampa Bay Irish said:

9 Day Med cruise from Barcelona departing on May 21, 2020. Returning to Barcelona on May 30, 2020. If Radiance turns out like Sunshine she will be a fine refurbished ship. Already started on shore excursion research and planning. Already spoke with Delta about using Sky Miles to get to Barcelona. Going to Barcelona a couple of days early. Hope and Pray to catch a Barcelona FC game before we sail away...schedule won’t be released for awhile.

Opinions are subjective, but I hope she turns out better than Sunshine. Sunshine is the one Carnival ship I have no desire to cruise on again. The Limelight Lounge is ridiculously small on Sunshine and while the Serenity area on Sunshine is nice, it is way too loud on all 3 levels due to its location right next to the Lido deck pool.

Of course if you don’t care about comedy shows or having a quieter place to relax outside, that eliminates two huge negatives for Sunshine. On the other hand, I think Sunshine has the nicest lobby bar, it has the best slides when you consider it has 3 really good slides, and the Havana Bar area is really nice. However, removing the aft pool for the Havana Bar was not the best decision in my book, which I assume Carnival agrees with since they are not doing that on Sunrise and Radiance. 

2 hours ago, Tampa Bay Irish said:

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Opinions are subjective, but I hope she turns out better than Sunshine. Sunshine is the one Carnival ship I have no desire to cruise on again. The Limelight Lounge is ridiculously small on Sunshine and while the Serenity area on Sunshine is nice, it is way too loud on all 3 levels due to its location right next to the Lido deck pool.

Of course if you don’t care about comedy shows or having a quieter place to relax outside, that eliminates two huge negatives for Sunshine. On the other hand, I think Sunshine has the nicest lobby bar, it has the best slides when you consider it has 3 really good slides, and the Havana Bar area is really nice. However, removing the aft pool for the Havana Bar was not the best decision in my book, which I assume Carnival agrees with since they are not doing that on Sunrise and Radiance. 

The Radiance make over will be very similar to the Sunrise makeover most likely as it Carnival seems to learn from the Sunshine mistakes 

3 hours ago, Tampa Bay Irish said:

My finacee and I just booked that sailing for our honeymoon cruise. Be sure to check out the roll call -- it's fairly active for how far away the sailing is and some people have already started to organize small group excursions (that are very reasonably priced)!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I assume you know Radiance is not “brand new”.  It is currently sailing as Victory, which will be renamed Radiance after a significant makeover next year. 

A gutted ship and made like a brand new ship. Basically a brand new ship with a much lower cost to cruise on than a Brand New jut built ship.

2 hours ago, shof515 said:

The Radiance make over will be very similar to the Sunrise makeover most likely as it Carnival seems to learn from the Sunshine mistakes 

We cruised on the Destiny and then the made over Sunshine in 2013 just after it was finished. We liked it. A lot better than the Destiny was. So far looking at the artiest drawings,. It looks nice. We shall see. What ever it ends up like. We will enjoy the cruise no matter. Some old removed some new added.