Next Cruise question...

We are cruising in 41 days! At the completion of this cruise we will be "platinum" C&A members. However, I want to take advantage of the NextCruise discount by booking our next cruise while onboard but I also want to take advantage of the balcony discount given to platinum members. Will the "NextCruise" people allow me to book with my platinum discount even though technically I won't have achieved that status until I step off the ship? 

Very simple to call customer service once your official points are posted to your C&A account (about a week to 10 days after completion of your cruise) and have that additional discount applied to reduce your balance.  I have done this with each level attained.

Enjoy your cruise and congrats on making Platinum!  🙂 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

I'm not sure if RCI does this but my friend just got back from a Norwegian, cruise and they were allowed to double their deposit on their next cruise without actually picking the cruise. So put down $500 get $1000 credit, and apparently this was good on any cruise even via travel agencies (for up to 4 years I think she said). If you can do something like that that then when you book your next cruise you simply add the credit to whatever you book with your new status.

I've got the same thing happening in December, so let us know if you find a way. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, basictek said:

I'm not sure if RCI does this but my friend just got back from a Norwegian, cruise and they were allowed to double their deposit on their next cruise without actually picking the cruise. So put down $500 get $1000 credit, and apparently this was good on any cruise even via travel agencies (for up to 4 years I think she said). If you can do something like that that then when you book your next cruise you simply add the credit to whatever you book with your new status.

I've got the same thing happening in December, so let us know if you find a way. 

Royal has no similar program.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, basictek said:

Royal used to have a program similar to that called "next cruise certificates".   They don't offer that program any longer, and I miss it.  

Different cruise lines, different programs.  The program you refer to from NCL does not exist on RCI.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cruise_Couple said:

We are cruising in 41 days! At the completion of this cruise we will be "platinum" C&A members. However, I want to take advantage of the NextCruise discount by booking our next cruise while onboard but I also want to take advantage of the balcony discount given to platinum members. Will the "NextCruise" people allow me to book with my platinum discount even though technically I won't have achieved that status until I step off the ship? 

@Cruise_Couple, back in January 2018 the NextCruise desk on Freedom of the Seas was able to get are Diamond discount even through we would not be Diamond until after the completion of the cruise.  They had to message the corporate office to get it taken care of.  Not sure if it still applies

• Like 1

I see the programs are quite different (RCI NCL), and the NCL one says limited time. so isn't the norm I guess. Well who knows maybe RCI will start doing it also. Seems like a way to get a bunch of $$$ from people that aren't ready to pick a specific "next cruise" yet

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, basictek said:

The $500 certificates are only good on Haven cabins (6 nights are longer). The $250 certificates can be used on any cabin (6 nights or longer) & CruiseNext Lite $100 can only be used on the Sky & Sun sailings.

They usually always have some sort of double up promo going but it is usually for Balcony & above, this promo is good on all cabins from studios to havens.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, basictek said:

I see the programs are quite different (RCI NCL), and the NCL one says limited time. so isn't the norm I guess. Well who knows maybe RCI will start doing it also. Seems like a way to get a bunch of $$$ from people that aren't ready to pick a specific "next cruise" yet

RCI must have had a reason to eliminate the next cruise certificate program years ago..though I am not sure why...but I doubt it will be back once gone.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RCcruiseking11 said:

@Cruise_Couple, back in January 2018 the NextCruise desk on Freedom of the Seas was able to get are Diamond discount even through we would not be Diamond until after the completion of the cruise.  They had to message the corporate office to get it taken care of.  Not sure if it still applies

We had the same experience on the cruise that we turned Diamond.