LABADEE MAP - zipline and coaster

buckeye rob

We have an 11:00 reservation on the Dragon's Breath Zipline.  Is the coaster far from there ?  Is there a map anywhere of Labadee that shows where things are and and idea of walking distance between zipline and coaster ?  Regards, Gerry.

• 3 weeks later...

The zip line picks up and drops off closer to the pier end (tip) of the peninsula.  

The coaster is at the "base" end of the peninsula.  

The whole thing is like a cursive "i" shape lying on its side. Here's a map:

labadeelinkmap.jpg

You sign in for the zipline near the large bundle of reddish buildings on the left, and that's also where you land after the ride.  

You sign in for the coaster at the far right of the greenish buildings on the right.  

There are trams (the blue line on the map) that go up and down that main drag from the Dragon Tram Station to the Town Square Tram Station (also stopping at Barefoot Tram Station in between) and some of the trams also continue on to the Columbus Cove Tram Station.  

I don't wear a watch so I've never actually timed it, but I'd guess it's about a ten minute walk from where you get off the zip line to where you sign in for the coaster.  

The whole place, from the furthest end of the pier to the furthest end of Columbus Cove, is about 0.8 miles or roughly 1.3km.  

• 2 weeks later...

Related topic, not worthy of a new thread.  My family will be at Labadee in December.  Two older kids will want to spend a lot of time on the roller coaster, while the wife and youngest kid (a toddler) would prefer to just lounge at the beach with shade available.  Is there a beach bed or cabana location that would work well for both - perhaps near the end of the roller coaster so the whole group could connect during the day?  

7 hours ago, uvadover said:

Related topic, not worthy of a new thread.  My family will be at Labadee in December.  Two older kids will want to spend a lot of time on the roller coaster, while the wife and youngest kid (a toddler) would prefer to just lounge at the beach with shade available.  Is there a beach bed or cabana location that would work well for both - perhaps near the end of the roller coaster so the whole group could connect during the day?  

There are beach beds at that end of Adrenaline Beach, however it's not a family-friendly beach, IMO, because it's too rocky and the water can be rough.  

If your kids are old enough to go off to the coaster on their own, I'd recommend getting a bungalow at Columbus Cove.  With the bungalow, you'd have shade for the toddler to nap comfortably, sandy beach, gentle water, you'd be near the food, and the tram will take you there and back.  

The older kids can walk along the road from the coaster to the bungalow (just tell them to ignore the vendors / tell them they don't have any money) and back again as they wish, and join the family for food.  

1 hour ago, uvadover said:

Thanks for the help.  Definitely off Adrenaline Beach, and now booked at Nellie's Beach because Columbus Cove is booked.  

I really wish that RCI would do more to advertise that Adrenaline Beach isn't as "beachy" as one would expect. 

Because it's the only beach you see directly as you get off the ship (Nellie's and Columbus Cove are hidden from view by trees and such), a lot of people go there and think it's the only beach option, and therefore think that Labadee is a less than desirable beach stop because you need water shoes, etc. Going over to the other side of the peninsula is like going to a completely different place.    

• 6 months later...
On 6/27/2019 at 6:54 PM, uvadover said:

Thanks for the help.  Definitely off Adrenaline Beach, and now booked at Nellie's Beach because Columbus Cove is booked.  

I'm confused about everyone saying you "book" the beach???

Another related question...

After checking in for the zipline or the coaster and you take the tram there, do you have to walk up steps to get to each? Or does this tram take you to the top?

Also, do you have to book ahead of time?

On 1/10/2020 at 12:40 PM, brillohead said:

I believe those people are referring to booking a cabana.  No reservations/bookings are needed to go to the beach.

And, there are lots of free loungers, including ones in the shade.  We’ve been there a couple of times, and this is the first time we’ve actually booked a day bed, to try something different 🙂

On 1/10/2020 at 1:40 PM, brillohead said:

I believe those people are referring to booking a cabana.  No reservations/bookings are needed to go to the beach.

Oh ok. That's good to know.

8 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

And, there are lots of free loungers, including ones in the shade.  We’ve been there a couple of times, and this is the first time we’ve actually booked a day bed, to try something different 🙂

Awesome!