Carnival Excursion question for Grand Turk

nzdisneymom

Hi.  We are sailing in September and will have a stop in Grand Turk.  We have pre-purchased the Rainbow Calypso Island Tram excursion through the cruiseline, but when I went to look at the excursion description, etc., today, it doesn't show up in Carnival's excursion lists.  I see it under Manage My  Cruise but it now has h_ in front of the excursion name, and shows "no image available" for the picture.  We have another excursion booked for a different day / port and it shows up as expected.  Should we be concerned about this excursion being cancelled?  I couldn't find anything to indicate what the h_ might indicate.

I also booked the Rainbow Calypso Island  tour for my visit to Grand Turk on the Sunrise in June. I can not find that tour on the carnival website. My cruise manager and e-docs have the h_ in front of it too.

I booked this tour when they had the shore excursions discounts sales. IF the tour is indeed cancel, i wonder if carnival can do something to give me a discount off a new tour

3 hours ago, shof515 said:

I also booked the Rainbow Calypso Island  tour for my visit to Grand Turk on the Sunrise in June. I can not find that tour on the carnival website. My cruise manager and e-docs have the h_ in front of it too.

I booked this tour when they had the shore excursions discounts sales. IF the tour is indeed cancel, i wonder if carnival can do something to give me a discount off a new tour

@shof515, when you get back, if you think about it, will you let me know how it turns out (or if you find out before you go)?

i did some searches on google, the tour operator is called Island Trams Limited, website is https://islandtrams.com/ . They have similar tours that carnival offered with cheaper pricing. Looking at the website, they said they no longer work with the cruise line and that their trams is near the ship

I have 14 days from my cruise. If i do not hear anything from carnival between now and then, i will cancel with carnival and book directly with them.

30 minutes ago, shof515 said:

i did some searches on google, the tour operator is called Island Trams Limited, website is https://islandtrams.com/ . They have similar tours that carnival offered with cheaper pricing. Looking at the website, they said they no longer work with the cruise line and that their trams is near the ship

I have 14 days from my cruise. If i do not hear anything from carnival between now and then, i will cancel with carnival and book directly with them.

Thank you.

h_ next to a previously purchased item from Manage My Booking usually indicates there is "hold" on the experience or product. It just means there's no confirmed contract or supplier with the service or product at that minute, but the cruise line hopes to find a equitable substitute before your sailing. If in fact the excursion or tour company contract is discontinued by the cruise line, you will get an automatic refund for the purchase.

The better question is at what point will Carnival officially give-up and admit that the tour has cancelled. This is important because it affects how you will receive your refund. If it is not "official" until you are on board you will receive the refund as on board credit to the folo of each named passenger, this OBC can be used for any on board expense. If cancelled by Carnival prior to embarkation day it will be refunded in the same form it was purchased as. The only bad thing there is it does take Carnival's accounting offices a few days to process the cancelation in monetary form, so if being credited back to a credit/debit card it can take 3/10 banking days before the amount goes back to the original card's account, but the worst is if purchased in whole or in part with a Carnival gift card as that can take 2-4 weeks to be mailed back to the address on file for the passenger that ordered the tickets.

i booked this tour with a gift card..this is going to be annoying. I still have the gift card  and there is some money left over on the gift card too. if only they was a way for carnival to refund it back to the card.

Hopefully, they cancel the tour when i am on the ship and get the on board credit instead.Will be interesting to see what happens between now and 13 days in the future when i get on the ship 

Edited by shof515

44 minutes ago, shof515 said:

i booked this tour with a gift card..this is going to be annoying. I still have the gift card  and there is some money left over on the gift card too. if only they was a way for carnival to refund it back to the card.

Gift card refunds are sent on a new card. It makes sense because so many people throw them away when empty.

28 minutes ago, nzdisneymom said:

I heard back from Carnival today and they said they have this excursion lined up again, but I still don't see it on the excursion list.  Guess we'll just keep an eye out for it.

my cruise documents still shows the h_ infront of it and i can not find it on the carnival website. my cruise is in 8 days

21 minutes ago, shof515 said:

my cruise documents still shows the h_ infront of it and i can not find it on the carnival website. my cruise is in 8 days

Since it was the weekend, they may not have been able to put it back in their system to reappear on the site. I'd say see if it shows up in a day or two. If nothing, then it'd probably be a good idea if you called them well before you leave to give yourself enough time to sort it out and schedule the tour directly with the company if need be.

On 5/27/2019 at 4:34 PM, Mallow said:

Walk down the beach and visit Jack's Shack.  It is one of my favorite things to do.

Google Jack Shack coupon and get a free rum drink- I do this every time !

You’re welcome !

• Like 3

On 6/2/2019 at 11:53 PM, lyannea said:

Google Jack Shack coupon and get a free rum drink- I do this every time !

You’re welcome !

You may not even need the coupon.  I was about to pull out mine for hubby and me and our server was all "I got you.  No coupon needed!"😃  It was mid-May and they weren't crowded, so may be different under different circumstances.

Edited by obx_fintoo
  • Like 1

Island tram shows up fine now on my cruise dates ( July 6) Perhaps it depends on the date whether it is still available or not.

I have been to GT several times so wanted to just take a little tour before lounging at the pool this trip.

I know i can do it all myself, but why bother. I am on vacation let someone else do the driving.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We used Island Trams in 2013. Didn't even book it ahead of time, just walked up to the booth and apid. Wanted to get off at the lighthouse and catch a later tram, but it was kinda crowded, and my companions were afraid we might not get seats. Might ahve to give it another try in March!