Cheaper to buy Internet seperarely then as a package

So looking to purchase the following things for an upcoming cruise.

1 Soda Package (for Wife)

1 Refreshment Package (For me)

2 Surf / Stream  Internet (Wife and Myself).

Now here is the Interesting thing:

If I buy the Soda Package, the Refreshment package and Surf / Steam for 2 devices the total is $386

If I buy the Soda + Voom package, 1 refreshment package, and Surf (for 1 device) the total comes out to $415

So its actually cheaper to buy everything individually instead of getting the package.  Is this common?

2 minutes ago, Howie411 said:

So looking to purchase the following things for an upcoming cruise.

1 Soda Package (for Wife)

1 Refreshment Package (For me)

2 Surf / Stream  Internet (Wife and Myself).

Now here is the Interesting thing:

If I buy the Soda Package, the Refreshment package and Surf / Steam for 2 devices the total is $386

If I buy the Soda + Voom package, 1 refreshment package, and Surf (for 1 device) the total comes out to $415

So its actually cheaper to buy everything individually instead of getting the package.  Is this common?

Sure.  You never know when one thing will be on sale (whatever that may mean) and not another.  And of course, it varies based on what you need.

I wanted soda + surf & stream, originally they were cheaper apart, then they were cheaper together $21 a day, so i cancelled them separately and bought the package. Seems kinda dumb all the price jiggling they do but apparently they have bookeepers telling them it works better this way.... :classic_rolleyes:

Technically you are comparing two different packages. To really be "apples to apples" so to say, you would want to price out the cost of soda + refreshment + 1 device voom + 1 device voom.

Your first price includes a discount on getting a 2 device package rather than two 1 device packages, and the second price is a discount on getting a 1 device package and soda package rather than getting them separate. It just so happens that right now for your sailing the discount on a 2 device package is larger than the discount on a drink package + internet package.

58 minutes ago, Howie411 said:

thanks for all the responses.  Wish RC would just stick with 1 price, seems like a waste of time and man power (for their employees) to having us keep canceling / rebooking etc.

If they did then they would not have sale prices.  Lots of folks buy once only or buy onboard.

Internet gets to be a better and better deal the more devices you purchase.  

Buying a 4-device plan comes out to $50/week most of the time, so I do that and then share it with friends or strangers on my roll call (I buy the package, they pay me $50/device for their share).