Skypad on Independence

Going on the Indy in August and just wondered about trying the Skypad? Have looked on YouTube but it doesn't really give me any idea if my husband and I would enjoy it or not. We are both 50+. Any thoughts/advice gratefully received!

DH and I did it last week, we are both early 50s. DH wore the VR headset but I did it without as someone told me it made them feel dizzy (and I get dizzy easily). I was a bit nervous but told the girl who was controlling my ropes that I didn't want to go too high and she was great. One of the guys did come over and teased me that he was going to send me right up but he was only joking! I consider myself reasonably fit for my age and was surprised how tiring it was. 

I was glad I did it, it was good fun.

Thanks, Kernow, that's useful to know. Neither of us is very sporty at all and I am a little concerned about how energetic it might be. We have already booked our slot but just interested as  to how other people have found it

I'm not exactly sure but I think we were jumping for maybe 5 minutes. The VR plays a game which lasts for the set time but you could always ask to stop before if you are tired. It was poor weather the day we did it and no one else up there initially so the staff had lots of time to chat and I think that gave me more confidence too. It's really like jumping on a trampoline so imagine how long you could do that for to give you an idea.

49 minutes ago, MrsHFQ said:

Going on the Indy in August and just wondered about trying the Skypad? Have looked on YouTube but it doesn't really give me any idea if my husband and I would enjoy it or not. We are both 50+. Any thoughts/advice gratefully received!

We have just got off Independence but didn't try it.

I would check your insurance policy to make sure you are covered for hazardous sports like this or the rock climbing wall or flowrider because you might invalidate your insurance.

Thanks, grapau27 - didn't think about the insurance - will definitely check it's covered! How is the Independence? We saw her docked at Southampton when we came back from the Isle of Wight on Tuesday (and she was there when we went over  t the Isle of Wight on Saturday. Haven't been on the Indy since the refit.

56 minutes ago, MrsHFQ said:

Thanks, grapau27 - didn't think about the insurance - will definitely check it's covered! How is the Independence? We saw her docked at Southampton when we came back from the Isle of Wight on Tuesday (and she was there when we went over  t the Isle of Wight on Saturday. Haven't been on the Indy since the refit.

Your welcome.

We were on that 3 night cruise arriving back yesterday and the ship was fantastic.

Surprisingly on its refit last year the cabins were left undone and although our cabin was clean the sofa was showing signs of wear.

Edited by grapau27

I kid you not when I say it absolutely terrible. It’s not difficult at all if you are in decent shape whatsoever but it was comical how bad it was. It lasts about five minutes, about four of which you’ll be wishing it was over. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SAmome said:

So it is open again?  I did an internet search and only found references to it closing.  If reopenned it's probably with new safety standards so the accident won't happen again.

Yes, open again.

8 hours ago, SAmome said:

So it is open again?  I did an internet search and only found references to it closing.  If reopenned it's probably with new safety standards so the accident won't happen again.

Last week on Indy they told us it had opened midway through the TA, the lawsuit had been settled (they said for 8 million) and there is a new company overseeing it. They said all the ropes have been inspected and deemed safe now.

I'm guessing that means it's open on all the other ships too.