Mareel Wellness replacing Canyon Ranch on QM2

Bigmike911

I received my latest Cunarder today. There was a story about the new spa company called Mareel which will take over the Queens.  Recently launched on QV and QE it will take over from Canyon Ranch on QM2 in November 2020. Has anyone traveled on QV or QE and can you tell us about this new organization? 

Edited by Bigmike911

Sailed on the Q. Victoria during the first week  of the introduction of this new concept, I really didn't notice any difference other than some additional new treatments and new uniforms for the therapists. 

besides that  nothing to get excited about, for me it was just a change in name. 

• Like 1

Just to add; The Spa area on the QE had a complete makeover recently  (during the latest refit/refresh)  Smart Jazzy carpeting, marble and mirrors,  but thats about  as zen -like you'll get . 😉

3 hours ago, Se1lad said:

Wonder how much they paid a brand consultant for the stupid new name!

When you read the convoluted announcement they try to hash it together with the sea and an old Norse word. The brand consultant was well paid for his meager effort. 

• Like 1

Just off the QE and had to check it out but was not impressed.  The same old routine of trying to get you to book more treatments, and they stood outside the area on deck 9 and you had to pass them to get to the gym, etc.  I did try a basic manicure/pedicure but when I was trying to book, the guy on the phone kept trying to book me for the more expensive ones but I wouldn't budge.  It was a good thing because I felt that the experience of the lady that did my manicure/pedicure was not up scratch.  Just my opinion.