Booking at Princess Wilderness Lodge-not cruising with Princess

Dawnya00

Good morning!

I am curious if non-Princess guests can book a room at the Kenai Princess Wilderness Lodge?

We are going to be spending a few says in Kenai after a northbound cruise (NCL Jewel) next summer.

If able, does anyone know when they open up their reservations for 2020?

Thanks so much!

I see you can reserve at the below site. I would think Princess land tours receive priority, but don't know really how it works. Looks like some days are available for this season, but next season is not available yet. Maybe you can check directly with them.

https://www.princesslodges.com/princess-alaska-lodges/kenai-lodge/?msclkid=d6b5a6b388ff1c1d5054fa42ba2d3f62&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Princess Lodges&utm_term=%2Bprincess wilderness lodge alaska&utm_content=Princess Wilderness Lodge

Edited by skynight

They won't release the individual lodge prices until next year if this year is any indication.  We were trying to book their lodges last November for a trip this July and I called to find out why I couldn't see any availability.  I was told to check later in 2018 / early 2019.  They also release a very limited number of packages including rail or bus transportation the fall before the season starts.  As a result of the Princess lodge status, we opted to go elsewhere for lodging.  And right now packages for our desired dates have 2 for 1 pricing and just lodging is discounted as well.

34 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

They won't release the individual lodge prices until next year if this year is any indication.  We were trying to book their lodges last November for a trip this July and I called to find out why I couldn't see any availability.  I was told to check later in 2018 / early 2019.  They also release a very limited number of packages including rail or bus transportation the fall before the season starts.  As a result of the Princess lodge status, we opted to go elsewhere for lodging.  And right now packages for our desired dates have 2 for 1 pricing and just lodging is discounted as well.

Good to know. I can certainly understand not wanting to wait to book! The planner in me need to have it all lined up, well in advance, if possible. I will keep an eye on it and see what else is in that area with a similar 'lodge' experience.

Yes, anyone can book.  Be on the look out for the 2 for 1 deals.  We were able to take advantage of that a few years ago.  Kenai Princess is a great lodge.  We were there early in the season and had a Mama moose with twins roaming through the complex while we were there.  There is also lots to do in the area.

1 hour ago, Dawnya00 said:

Good to know. I can certainly understand not wanting to wait to book! The planner in me need to have it all lined up, well in advance, if possible. I will keep an eye on it and see what else is in that area with a similar 'lodge' experience.

I'm a planner too so that's why we locked down the other arrangements.  I noticed the 2 for 1 Princess pricing just as we were making our final payment for our alternate arrangements.  We mulled over cancelling since we were just under the wire to do that but elected to stick with what we booked.  We've been to the Princess lodges twice before and really enjoyed them but we are excited to try something a little different this summer.