Re: Issues with Captain Club number!!!

ellie84

My family have been sailing with Celebrity  for nearly 15 years. All of a sudden one of my family members Captain’s Club numbers has become “unattached” to their Celebrity account. So although Celebrity were able to link their captains club number to an upcoming cruise booking, they are not able to view their captains club account as all, as it says this guest number is not recognised! Contacted Captains Club directly on the matter several times and they say they do not know why this is happening! All the details have been checked and rechecked to make sure they exactly match both celebrity account and captains club account. And all the details are correct. Has anybody else encountered this issue?! All help greatly welcome!! 

Like you have had problems with accounts. Sent numerous emails but still nothing happened

In the end I kept ringing Captains Club and a very nice lady sorted it out for me.

She did not say what had happened but it now works,

I would give the Captains Club another ring and my be you will get a person who knows what she or he is talking about,

LEESRE - thanks so much for your reply! I’m so glad (not glad you had a problem!!) to hear that we’re not the only ones that have encountered this issue (as that was what captains club were implying the first 5 times we contacted them on the issue haha!!!). Happy to hear that they finally sorted out your problem. You make a good point - we have only contacted them through email to date. So yes i’ll do what you said and try calling them, and hopefully find somebody there that is able to fix the ongoing issue!!! Thanks again 🙂

Try opening an InPrivate or Incognito window and logging in that way. I so often encounter problems with the website acting up that it's the only way I now do anything on the site. Also try clearing your cookies and cache. If none of that works call Captains Club at 800-760-0654, if the first person you speak with can't fix it, try asking for a supervisor.

I had the same problem a couple years ago and after repeated attempts to fixing I sent an e-mail to Lisa's office.   Amazing the next day someone from OneTouch called me and told me they would work with IT to fix.   It took about a week and they called daily to give me an update.   They called and told me they found the problem and it had been fixed.   Not had a problem since. 

Just after our last cruise I was sent an e mail inviting me to book another cruise. It informed me I was Elite status,  which I knew anyway, as we had been Elite since Sept 2012. I logged on to ‘My Celebrity’ to check that my points had been added from our recent cruise, and my points were ZERO and it wouldn’t accept my Captains Club number. I was furious, as my husband’s new points total was correct. I rang the number shown on the attachment, but they were no help, saving only that points take a time to be added after a cruise.

I contacted Celebrity via FB ( I don’t ring the USA, as it costs me $ phoning from UK).

I was rung from the Miami office that evening. They could see my points, but she said the reason I couldn’t was because my DOB had been added incorrectly!!!

i assume an error had occurred at the recent change over from logging in via user name to e mail address.

7600CD5E-5FA6-45A3-9B50-EF3BF55A2AAE.png

Edited by upwarduk

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I had the same problem a couple years ago and after repeated attempts to fixing I sent an e-mail to Lisa's office.   Amazing the next day someone from OneTouch called me and told me they would work with IT to fix.   It took about a week and they called daily to give me an update.   They called and told me they found the problem and it had been fixed.   Not had a problem since. 

Oh that is very interesting to read! Glad to hear that I can go down that route if captain’s club truly can’t fix the issue! Thanks for the heads up :)

5 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Just after our last cruise I was sent an e mail inviting me to book another cruise. It informed me I was Elite status,  which I knew anyway, as we had been Elite since Sept 2012. I logged on to ‘My Celebrity’ to check that my points had been added from our recent cruise, and my points were ZERO and it wouldn’t accept my Captains Club number. I was furious, as my husband’s new points total was correct. I rang the number shown on the attachment, but they were no help, saving only that points take a time to be added after a cruise.

I contacted Celebrity via FB ( I don’t ring the USA, as it costs me $ phoning from UK).

I was rung from the Miami office that evening. They could see my points, but she said the reason I couldn’t was because my DOB had been added incorrectly!!!

i assume an error had occurred at the recent change over from logging in via user name to e mail address.

7600CD5E-5FA6-45A3-9B50-EF3BF55A2AAE.png

Thank you so much for your reply :) What you’ve said is sounding very similar to one of our issues with the account. Sounds like I’m going to have to reach out to them yet again! Thanks for the heads up and the extra info, it’s much appreciated!

• Like 1