Princess Accessibility Office.... 10 day delay?!

SunNFunCruzer

On 6/12/2019 at 11:04 AM, gremlinbangles said:

You wont regret the balcony!  Alaska us beautiful.  I agree a 10 day response time is not good customer service.  With that being said have a great voyage!

A new Saga has begun (and we spoke too soon with the compliment!)... although we responded to the email Upsell offer within 4 minutes, and my Travel Agent called and left a message immediately and I followed-up and left a message 30 minutes before close of business yesterday, today I received an email notification direct from Princess (not thru my TA) that the Upsell offer was Sold Out.  

When I called yesterday the voicemail message was like 30 seconds long and literally said: "we're super busy and backed-up today, leave a brief, brief, very brief message (with a bunch of other instructions)  it may take 24 hours to get back to you" (within 24 hours, they were apparently Sold Out! Lol!).   Fingers crossed land based Customer Service and Ship based Customer Service are not the same.  :-/  Saves us a few hundred dollars, but I was just celebrating the convenience of having access to my own chair/lounger.   Good thing the Ruby has chairs and loungers on deck (is blankets too much to ask? OR I may have to drag out my comforter)!  😜

Now we're on a Priority list of some kind (not for a Free Upgrade, but for the ability to purchase the same Upsell that sold out), but will not have access to email on the Eurodam so may not be able to end the story til we update in July.   Thankfully we are happy with the room we have which is in a central location with easy access to an external door so all is not lost!  

Smooth sailing all.  Good thing Alaska is worth it!  This booking has certainly felt like an adventure!  😉

20 minutes ago, SunNFunCruzer said:

A new Saga has begun (and we spoke too soon with the compliment!)... although we responded to the email Upsell offer within 4 minutes, and my Travel Agent called and left a message immediately and I followed-up and left a message 30 minutes before close of business yesterday, today I received an email notification direct from Princess (not thru my TA) that the Upsell offer was Sold Out.  

When I called yesterday the voicemail message was like 30 seconds long and literally said: "we're super busy and backed-up today, leave a brief, brief, very brief message (with a bunch of other instructions)  it may take 24 hours to get back to you" (within 24 hours, they were apparently Sold Out! Lol!).   Fingers crossed land based Customer Service and Ship based Customer Service are not the same.  😕 Saves us a few hundred dollars, but I was just celebrating the convenience of having access to my own chair/lounger.   Good thing the Ruby has chairs and loungers on deck (is blankets too much to ask? OR I may have to drag out my comforter)!  😜

Many times there are only a very limited number of empty cabins in a given category.  Princess sends out multiple upsell offers because they know that all will not be accepted and then they call back in the order in which the responses were received. 

RE:  blankets - yes they are available up on the pool deck near the Movies Under the Stars screen.

33 minutes ago, SunNFunCruzer said:

😉

They have people call and leave messages and respond to people in the order that they called. 

1 hour ago, capriccio said:

Princess sends out multiple upsell offers because they know that all will not be accepted and then they call back in the order in which the responses were received. 

RE:  blankets - yes they are available up on the pool deck near the Movies Under the Stars screen

Cap & Coral... thanks again for the replies.

Upsell limits I understand but a 4 minute response time?  I Emailed and Called the TA immediately who said they called immediately after speaking with me.  I think something else is going on, but, again, on the 11th we were happy with OceanView and we'll be sailing to Alaska so I can't really complain about my cabin.  Everything we experienced so far does say something about Princess's Global Customer Service philosophy (at least to me).   HAL was 180 degrees different.... total opposite.

+100 for the on-deck blankets!  Woohoo!!

Smoooooth Sailing!!!  😃 

16 hours ago, SunNFunCruzer said:

Cap & Coral... thanks again for the replies.

Upsell limits I understand but a 4 minute response time?  I Emailed and Called the TA immediately who said they called immediately after speaking with me.  I think something else is going on, but, again, on the 11th we were happy with OceanView and we'll be sailing to Alaska so I can't really complain about my cabin.  Everything we experienced so far does say something about Princess's Global Customer Service philosophy (at least to me).   HAL was 180 degrees different.... total opposite.

+100 for the on-deck blankets!  Woohoo!!

Smoooooth Sailing!!!  😃 

Yes 4 minutes can be a lifetime in a call center.  We are in a similar situation in that we booked more than a year ago and had a 5:00 dining time.  About a month ago I realized on the 1st day we didn't even arrive to Whittaker until 5:30, the 2nd day we had a Hubbard excursion and wouldn't be there at 5.  And as I looked at the rest of our excursions I'm like 5 o'clock dining isnt going to work.  So I emailed our travel agent (also a friend)and asked her to change it to anytime dining.  About 20 minutes later she emailed me and said she did it and she was sorry that we would be missed as everyone in the group had 5 o'clock dining.  When I read that I called her clarified and asked if she could switch us back.  Well as luck would have it she tried couldn't do it and we were put on waitlist at number 27...lol

So anyway all that to tell you yea I understand how quickly thinks change.  But hang in there we are going to Alaska.

Ps we are now number 7 on waitlist and still have to July 3rd before we sail.

• 2 weeks later...

We emailed Princess three weeks ago (the accessibility office) and they responded fairly quickly forwarding it to the Medical office on 6/3.  We have heard nothing back and we leave in just over three weeks.  Any ideas on who to contact?  My father uses a catheter and we are trying to find out if we have to bring our own white vinegar for cleaning it. Any ideas?

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 3:54 PM, capriccio said:

then they call back in the order in which the responses were received. 

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:04 PM, Coral said:

They have people call and leave messages and respond to people in the order that they called. 

:classic_huh: when I talked to the rep after they returned my call about the upsell, she stated I was the first to respond , so I had first choice of the available cabins included

hope this helps ...