Saver fare room allocation

siforest65

We are on the QM2 Hamburg to Southampton 2 weeks on Friday. When and how do Cunard usually inform you of room allocation to allow e tickets and luggage tags to be printed? I gather it can be up to 3 days before departure. Do I need to log in to Voyage Personaliseror do they email?

9 minutes ago, turnip eater said:

You need to log in to your Voyage Personaliser. You’ll need your booking reference to do so.

You may find that you’ve already been allocated a stateroom, but I’ve heard it can happen right up until boarding.

Thanks. It won’t let me print e-tickets or luggage labels though. Says I need room number to be allocated.

We booked a short trip on QM2 on Sat 25 May for a 14 July sailing.

You will need to go onto the voyage personaliser and complete all details, ie. passport number, emergency contact, insurance details. 

After this, I looked again and we had received a cabin allocation - I don't know if completing these details made a difference.  This is the earliest we have had an allocation. I was very surprised 

We don't have etickets or luggage labels yet and the VP states this will be 5 weeks before embarkation.

In the past, Cunard have usually done gty allocations anytime between 6 weeks to 2 weeks before sail date, sometimes even up to 2 days before - more often than not, it has been 2 weeks before   Keep checking the VP.  They do send an email via my travel agent occasionally, but the VP is the best way of finding out.

Edited by Lynnewob

26 minutes ago, Lynnewob said:

We booked a short trip on QM2 on Sat 25 May for a 14 July sailing.

You will need to go onto the voyage personaliser and complete all details, ie. passport number, emergency contact, insurance details. 

After this, I looked again and we had received a cabin allocation - I don't know if completing these details made a difference.  This is the earliest we have had an allocation. I was very surprised 

We don't have etickets or luggage labels yet and the VP states this will be 5 weeks before embarkation.

In the past, Cunard have usually done gty allocations anytime between 6 weeks to 2 weeks before sail date, sometimes even up to 2 days before - more often than not, it has been 2 weeks before   Keep checking the VP.  They do send an email via my travel agent occasionally, but the VP is the best way of finding out.

Thanks. All details were submitted a couple of weeks ago and all green ticks on the VP.

Will keep logging every couple of days to see if cabin has been allocated.

We're booked in the opposite direction (SOU-HAM), 1 week earlier than you.  We received our allocation this past Tuesday, so if the same time frame applies to you, you should get an allocation in the next few days, although I'm sure this is highly variable.

We got an email from Cunard informing us of the allocation.  I had checked online the same morning and nothing had been allocated, suggesting the email came very quickly after the room was allocated.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Jetstreamer said:

We're booked in the opposite direction (SOU-HAM), 1 week earlier than you.  We received our allocation this past Tuesday, so if the same time frame applies to you, you should get an allocation in the next few days, although I'm sure this is highly variable.

We got an email from Cunard informing us of the allocation.  I had checked online the same morning and nothing had been allocated, suggesting the email came very quickly after the room was allocated.

That’s brilliant. Thanks for the info.

It's been six years since we were last on Cunard.  But we are booked for a TA this time next year.  So the question is, what is the latest you can access your booking and print E-Ticket?  We have a gty obstructed balcony.  18 days before our QM2 embarkation, we board a Carnival ship for an eastbound TA.  We land in the UK two days before we are to embark QM2.  If our cabin is not allocated before we embark in NYC, but allocated before arriving in Dover, I suspect I could I could print it out on the ship.  If allocated within two days of sailing, I could print it out in London hotel.  But if we don't get a cabin within a printable timeframe, can we board without docs?  We won't need luggage tags as we do carryon only.  Does Cunard have an app you can download onto your cellphone and access eticket?  I realize things can change a lot in a year...EM

2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

It's been six years since we were last on Cunard.  But we are booked for a TA this time next year.  So the question is, what is the latest you can access your booking and print E-Ticket?  We have a gty obstructed balcony.  18 days before our QM2 embarkation, we board a Carnival ship for an eastbound TA.  We land in the UK two days before we are to embark QM2.  If our cabin is not allocated before we embark in NYC, but allocated before arriving in Dover, I suspect I could I could print it out on the ship.  If allocated within two days of sailing, I could print it out in London hotel.  But if we don't get a cabin within a printable timeframe, can we board without docs?  We won't need luggage tags as we do carryon only.  Does Cunard have an app you can download onto your cellphone and access eticket?  I realize things can change a lot in a year...EM

I'm not aware of any cutoff for accessing your e-tickets, although I did find this in the FAQ.

(Q) What is the latest date I can print my E-Ticket?

(A) 1 day before departure, as long as your personal details have been completed and your cabin has been allocated (a cabin would have typically been allocated by this point).

In my experience, you don't really need your e-tickets in Southampton. In New York at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, the security check point is before check-in, so they do ask for your e-tickets and passports there. But in Southampton at the Ocean and QEII terminals, the security check points are after check-in, so that doesn't come into play there. We've never been asked for our e-tickets at the check-in desks in either New York or Southampton. However, I should say it has been a few years since I've checked in at Southampton, so hopefully someone who has done so recently will be able to confirm whether anyone asks to see your e-tickets there.

Cunard does not have an app, but I do download our e-tickets from the voyage personaliser to my phone as a backup measure just in case they should be needed. The process I use is to print the e-tickets using the "Save as PDF" printer destination I have on my android phone.

The last couple of times we've been at Soton, they've asked to see the e tickets when we entered, so they knew whether we should be directed to a priority queue. I don't think it would have been the end of the world if we'd been without them.

Just now, exlondoner said:

The last couple of times we've been at Soton, they've asked to see the e tickets when we entered, so they knew whether we should be directed to a priority queue. I don't think it would have been the end of the world if we'd been without them.

Good point. We have also been asked on one or two occasions to show our e-tickets to verify our Cunard World Club status for access to the priority check-in queue. But as you say, I don't think that's essential. Without e-tickets you would presumably just be directed to the regular check-in queue.

Thank you.  Now, when the eticket becomes available, is there a way to email it to yourself, or get it into your Apple wallet?  Not that I understand much about that tech...I will have my cellphone, but likely not cell service or internet to access it at the terminal.  EM

10 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Thank you.  Now, when the eticket becomes available, is there a way to email it to yourself, or get it into your Apple wallet?  Not that I understand much about that tech...I will have my cellphone, but likely not cell service or internet to access it at the terminal.  EM

Take this with a grain of salt since I'm an android user without any real concept of what Apple wallet is all about.

When I go to retrieve my e-ticket in voyage personaliser, this is what it looks like on my android phone (I have redacted personal information). Note that the only option at this point is "PRINT E-TICKET". There is no option to e-mail it. Of course, if you are happy with just taking a screen capture at this point as I have done here, then this could be considered a copy of the e-ticket that you have managed to store locally on your phone without further ado.

image.thumb.png.4220e22f5b128e0b4d337543eb404b13.png

To make it look a little better, I choose "PRINT E-TICKET" and then select the "Save as PDF" printer destination as indicated on this screen shot.

image.thumb.png.e1135bd2aa8ea97735f9f9bef7beec64.png

Once I have completed that "print" process, the result is the e-ticket as a PDF document stored locally on my phone that looks like this when retrieved in Adobe Acrobat Reader. No need for cell service or a wifi connection to retrieve it any more.

image.thumb.png.3a2b17362f2ddeb4479f3aa509d2678c.png

Hope this helps some and perhaps at least some of this process might apply to an iPhone.

• Thanks 1

Just a couple of thoughts: 

1. I’ve previously left on a Cunard cruise from Southampton without having printed my e ticket or the luggage labels. I had to go and get manual/written luggage tags which is a bit of a hassle but my own fault and only took a couple of minutes. Arriving without an e-ticket isn’t a problem - when you arrive just say you don’t have it and don’t have priority boarding through Cunard status or otherwise. 

2. I don’t think Cunard IT stretches to Apple Wallet. But you could either save the voucher as a pdf (as helpfully suggested above) or perhaps download and email it to yourself. That is what I normally do. Less weight and easy to retrieve (although of course, you must have phone signal/data). 

Got my room allocation today. Deck 5 midship so can’t complain. First time on QM2.

Room showing in voyage personaliser and got an email. Still can’t print e-ticket and luggage labels but guess once the systems update overnight I should be fine.

• Like 1

This thread is very useful. We are booked on QV from 14th July, we had booked an ocean view but after a short trip on QM2 last month in an obstructed view balcony, when we got home we upgraded to similar for the July cruise. At that stage we were told it would be a guaranteed cabin, so I have been checking regularly to see if it has been allocated. I’ll enter all our details this week although I have no idea if they have a system for allocating i.e. World Club status, order in which you booked etc.

On 6/10/2019 at 10:52 AM, socialdancer said:

This thread is very useful. We are booked on QV from 14th July, we had booked an ocean view but after a short trip on QM2 last month in an obstructed view balcony, when we got home we upgraded to similar for the July cruise. At that stage we were told it would be a guaranteed cabin, so I have been checking regularly to see if it has been allocated. I’ll enter all our details this week although I have no idea if they have a system for allocating i.e. World Club status, order in which you booked etc.

On our QV roll call one person had allocation 6 weeks prior. One 10 days prior and I’ve just got mine 4 days before sailing! I don’t think there’s any pattern to it I’m afraid. It drove me mad checking daily 🙈

• Like 1

I got all excited for a moment yesterday - I got an email from the travel agent yesterday saying passengers could now retrieve their travel documents using the VP,  giving the link and reminding me of our Cunard booking reference. Even though in the back of my mind I “knew” it was a standard email, for a little while I felt optimistic. Of course, we still have not been assigned our cabin.