Arriving around 3-4am, Orlando area hotel?

If you are driving then you need a hotel near Cocoa Beach - Port Caveral, not Orlando (which is about an hour inland).  You might look at stopping a bit sooner (Daytona Beach or St.Augustine) and then driving the last couple of hours the next morning.

• Like 1

Wherever you end upon be sure to have your arrival date the day BEFORE, not the day of the morning you arrive.  Call the hotel when you make the reservation and tell them you will be arriving very late.  So, if you will arrive Saturday at 3am, book the room for Friday night.   By calling them, they know you are not going to be a NOSHOW and give the room away if they are busy.  The room will be here and waiting for you regardless if you show up at 10pm, midnight, 3am, or 7am...

Driving from NoVa,  I take it you're going to do I-95.  You'll be much closer to Cocoa Beach than Orlando.   Depending on how you feel, you could stop in Jacksonville, St. Augustine, Daytona if you can't make it all the way to Port Canaveral/Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach... Look on this forum for several good recommendations for hotels right near the port.

• Like 1

Concur with the above. Leaving South Carolina at early dinnertime will get you to Daytona Beach area around 1 AM. Stop there and get a more reasonable amount of sleep before the last 90-120 minutes driving to Port Canaveral.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fishywood said:

Concur with the above. Leaving South Carolina at early dinnertime will get you to Daytona Beach area around 1 AM. Stop there and get a more reasonable amount of sleep before the last 90-120 minutes driving to Port Canaveral.

We have spent the night in the Port Orange/S Daytona area many times....(nice area).

From this area you will be no more than 1hr from the port.

Have a great cruise,,

Edited by GTO-Girl

4 hours ago, JonesCruiser1978 said:

Thank you all so much!  I didn't even consider stopping earlier for more sleep.  MUCH better idea!!

Good choice JonesCruiser.  You have lots of time to get to Port Canaveral if your cruise leaves at 4PM.  Rest up, drive to port and enjoy your cruise. 

and, I'll throw this out.  If you hit the road right away, you can stop for breakfast at the Cracker Barrel just off of I-95 at Titusville.   Or, if you get to Port Canaveral early, go down the road a little to Southern Charm or even a tad further to Darci's Bacon Blues. for a good Southern breakfast.   I'm partial to Darci's myself - they have the BEST variety of bacon!!!  And, the Pork Belly and Grits is over-the-top-amazing!

10 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

We have spent the night in the Port Orange/S Daytona area many times....(nice area).

From this area you will be no more than 1hr from the port.

Have a great cruise,,

OP - our daughter-in-law is from Port Orange and we've stayed at the 3 year old Country Inn and Suites right off I95 before.  If you aren't familiar with the chain it is like a Hampton Inn.

9 hours ago, capriccio said:

OP - our daughter-in-law is from Port Orange and we've stayed at the 3 year old Country Inn and Suites right off I95 before.  If you aren't familiar with the chain it is like a Hampton Inn.

We stayed at the Residence Inn and the Hyatt Place on the beach and really liked them both! 

And of course we must have dinner at Aunt Catfish’s!!! 😁😁😁