Ovation of the Seas Cruise Compass - Alaska 5/24 - 5/31

Sailing on Ovation on 6/14 and looking for recent cruise compass from 5/24 sailing. Have only been able to find the 5/13 11 night sailing... Yes, I know it just ended 3 days ago, but seems like the 5/13 sailing was posted almost immediately.... 

TomCat, I would also like to see those, since I will be on your sailing...the guy who posted the review of the 11-day cruise (hoopster) is famous around here for live reviews of his cruises...unfortunately that's rare so his review was a special treat...like you, I'll keep looking on the boards for reviews and posts about the 7-day itinerary...maybe I'll see you on board!

1 hour ago, uncw89 said:

I'm on the June 28th sailing and would love to see them and hear some reviews of the 7 night cruise too!! Hoopster 95's thread is awesome!! 

I looked at the 5-24,-31 roll call and a lot of the posters in the roll call only post in roll calls in the last year. When I found one that had posted in Hoopsters review I asked @Emfagan for details, maybe she can respond here.

A

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CMcJones said:

We cruise Friday, I will never be able to give as great of a review as Hoopster, but I will try to pop on during our sailing and for sure after with info!

It would be helpful if you could let people know what its like getting on and off, traffic, if the embark/debark has improved and how you get to  /from the dock.

I saw yesterday on the big social media site the current cruise was late to Juneau and late getting away.

34 minutes ago, AlanF65 said:

It would be helpful if you could let people know what its like getting on and off, traffic, if the embark/debark has improved and how you get to  /from the dock.

I saw yesterday on the big social media site the current cruise was late to Juneau and late getting away.

Good suggestions!  I will do my best to make note of those, post our experiences and try to grab some pictures.

6 hours ago, WestTexasBySea said:

I noticed they aren't doing The Quest. This is my first Alaska cruise with RCCL so not sure if they just don't do it for Alaska sailings.

This may be a ship thing- Explorer had it. 

I was on the May 24th sailing.  Here are some of my highlights:

Embarkation - it was not ideal as it was the first Ovation sailing from Seattle.  Luggage porters were not ready/prepared for the large number guests.  We were late leaving Seattle due to the luggage still being loaded on the ship.  This caused a late arrival into Juneau and long lines to exit.  But we did stay later in Juneau to make up for the late arrival.

Inside activities - inside activities like trivia, bumper cars, etc were packed!  Not sure if it was due to Alaska sailing forcing people inside.

Adventure Ocean - kids loved going here and rated it 10 out of 10.

Shows - Two Funny Guys (headliner) was a hit for all in our party!  Pixels was ok.  We wished the Live, Love, Legs was kid appropriate as my daughter would have loved the costumes.

My Time Dining - highly unorganized on the first day and they didn't have our reservations made online (even though we could see it in the App).  We changed to Traditional Dining and had a great experience.

Disembarkation - was a seamless exit off the ship as we did self-disembark.  My in-laws did the Port Valet and their luggage made it back to our home with no issues!

Let me know if there are other questions!!!  Loved our trip!

• Like 2

Forgot to mention our shore excursions

Juneau - private whale watching tour with Harv and Marv's.  We had to book a private book since we had kids joining us (vendor restrictions).  It was a great trip with Captain John and we were able to see 6 whales in 2.5 hours!

Skagway - private tour to Yukon and dog sledding - great trip with Nichelle that brought along the road to Yukon/Emerald Lake with many scenic stops along the way.  We were did the dog sledding experience at Caribou Crossing.  Kids loved this experience.  We stopped at Carcross on the way back for lunch at The Bistro.  Total trip was 7 hours

Victoria - took the water taxi from Fisherman's Wharf to Chinatown.  We then walked downtown and back to the ship.  We stopped at an irish pub (Irish Times) for lunch which was great.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2019 at 12:07 PM, AlanF65 said:

Oh please don't be late getting into Juneau! We have a 12:30 excursion booked and now I will stress for the next 24 or so days.