Book now or wait a bit ??

candylover

5 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

That price is a mistake unfortunately, its still AUD6499ppfor an OB according to Seabourn.

I have to say it’s interesting how they are now saying that after sending out an email to Seabourn members today promoting it at that price and having it on their website 

I wonder if the other well priced New Zealand Cruise that was also listed is also a “mistake” 

24 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

I have to say it’s interesting how they are now saying that after sending out an email to Seabourn members today promoting it at that price and having it on their website 

I wonder if the other well priced New Zealand Cruise that was also listed is also a “mistake” 

I wouldn't trust any of those One Week Sale prices.  I suspect within 24 hours we will see new pricing that is higher for most if not all of them.  

19 minutes ago, cuddles115 said:

This is the price of doing business... They don't care if you are annoyed or not.

Sorry but their disregard for getting things right or dealing with things when they, apparently, get it wrong is not impressive or at all what I expect from a luxury line (actually any line for that matter) 

Sadly it is not unlike the experience we had onboard Seabourn Encore - too hot and miss for my liking 

Just curious - if someone were to go online and book the OB at A$3999 (which is where the price currently sits on the Australian website) would Seabourn honour the booking at that price.  I know the consumer laws here in Aust are very, very strict about merchants honouring advertised prices.  Has anyone  had experience where they made a booking in good faith and then were informed that the advertised price was actually an error??

• Like 1

My guess is someones loaded US$ pricing into the Australian system

It's still displaying those prices but if you try and book it then it comes back with"Sorry, we are unable to processyour request. The selected suite type either does not allow for the options you have chosen, or is no longer available"

If it were me I'd be sending out an apology email to those that received the "offer" earlier today - as one retailer I used to admire used to say "It's the putting right that counts"

1 hour ago, Stickman1990 said:

Sorry but their disregard for getting things right or dealing with things when they, apparently, get it wrong is not impressive or at all what I expect from a luxury line (actually any line for that matter) 

Sadly it is not unlike the experience we had onboard Seabourn Encore - too hot and miss for my liking 

Stickman I understand you prefer Crystal to Seabourn, and I get that, having done one Crystal I found I preferred Seabourn. My TA is trying to get me to Crystal again as they have changed since 2012 and did tell her the other day I might but you are starting to put me off with your attitude.

Seabourn is not perfect but neither is Crystal and even you have mentioned some Crystal failings over the years.  Encore is my least favourite Seabourn ship but others like her and I will try her again when they fix up The Club. 

By the way I am not into cocktails so your listing the wonderful cocktail list is no incentive. The cruise I did on Crystal was very port heavy but I didn't think the lecturers were any better then the ones on Seabourn.

Edited by frantic36
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

Stickman I understand you prefer Crystal to Seabourn, and I get that, having done one Crystal I found I preferred Seabourn... 

By the way I am not into cocktails so your listing the wonderful cocktail list is no incentive. The cruise I did on Crystal was very port heavy but I didn't think the lecturers were any better then the ones on Seabourn.

I can understand you want to protect Seabourn and their errors and approach but what cruise line I prefer has little if anything to do with Seabourn pricing and commercial practices. I haven’t raised Crystal in this discussion so I’m not sure why you would?

I suspect we’d never run into each other on a cruise (Crystal or Seabourn) so don’t let my plans impact yours  

I do think assessing a line based on an experience in 2012 is an interesting approach 

As an aside I have seen Crystal honour their pricing errors in similar situations - I can’t say it happens every time (as I don’t attempt to book every tiime) but I’ve seen it happen multiple times 

This is the email I received

9AFF2B59-DE11-4639-A40E-AB643834D75B.jpeg

Edited by Stickman1990

I received the same email. I read the original one early this morning. I have no idea if they have honoured bookings made during the gap between the first and second email. Do you? Did you make a booking and they didn't honour it? You do say that Crystal has made mistakes in the past and corrected it. That's great. I have experienced the same with Seabourn. 

I mentioned Crystal because your review was based on comparing Seabourn to Crystal so I know you prefer Crystal...am I wrong? As I said that is quite reasonable as different cruise lines suit different people. Some of your statements regarding a simple error that Seabourn corrected within the day do seem a bit over the top.

I mentioned 2012 because I admit it was a long time ago and Crystal have changed so I can't compare them then to now.

It concerns me not one whit if you choose to be "selective" if we should happen to sail together 😎.

I'm off as I have shopping to do as unfortunately I am not on a cruise and have to make my own meals.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cuddles115 said:

This is the price of doing business.  No ship wants to sail with empty cabins and lose money.. They don't care if you are annoyed or not.

That A$3,999 price was probably the “interline” price that us ordinary.mortals don’t have access to🤔🙄😡

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got the US$ version of that set sail email and it's dropped again from US$3,999 to US$3,499. That's starting to get insane. As we discussed earlier in the thread this is not a popular cruise (which is why we've last-minuted it twice) but it's dropped from US$4,299 down to US$3,499 with goodies thrown in. 

Again I wish we had 17 days vacation left this year .. we'd do this one again. 

The disclaimer at the bottom of the mailer we received says, amongst other things

"All offers are capacity controlled and may be modified or withdrawn at any time without prior notice. Other restrictions may apply. Seabourn Reserves the right to correct errors."

Now what we need is next summer's cruise we want to take to start dropping to the level this year's eventually sailed. With that one we're getting to the point where if the fare does drop more we may end up just paying it to the airline as those fares tend to rise. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cuddles115 said:

This is the price of doing business.  No ship wants to sail with empty cabins and lose money.. They don't care if you are annoyed or not.

Of course I know that---and certainly want the cruise line to do well.  

When you see prices too good to be true they usually are untrue. Errors will happen, we all make them. This is why we research and budget our holidays carefully. 

No compaints here " we always wait " for our selected cruise to become affordable. Our final payments were made a couple of weeks ago. We also added the precruise of 7 days from Singapore. Fantastic deal made between our UK TA and Seabourn. 

Looking forward to a wonderful R&R 😉