Miami Dec 25 -27 Hotel? Things to do?

mattR

Will be flying into Miami around noon on Dec 25 Ship leaves Dec 27.  Where should we stay don't want to spend more then around $150 per night on a room for 4.  Will be traveling with our two kids 21 and 16 so also looking for good activity's to do with them not interested in museums.  Thanks for any suggestions. When will next years Miami Heat schedule come out? 

Your budget will limit you to extremely spartan properties near the airport. And the savings will be lost on transportation costs to anything you wish to see those days.

In Downtown Miami near the port and Heat arena the YVE Hotel and Holiday Inn are under $200 for the night of 12/25. But $40-50 higher the following night; even Thursday night of the weekend between Christmas and New Year's will command a premium.

One of your issues is that chain hotels with rooms that accommodate four are not plentiful in the tourist zones, especially Miami Beach if you were hoping to check that area out. Hotels in the Brickell neighborhood just south of Downtown Miami that have rooms for four (Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites) will average in the low to mid $200s over those two nights but are a good value at that price. You can ride the free Metromover from Brickell to downtown sites such as Bayside Marketplace and the Heat arena. 

You need to up your budget.  It is one of the most expensive weeks of the year.

Did you check Hotwire?  They have hotels downtown/Brickell in your budget.

Agree with Fishywood, at the very least stay downtown.  You are a cheap  Uber ride from Wynwood, beaches, etc.  Basically anything you want to see staying out at the airport, will be a $25+ Uber ride.

Hmmm... I'm also going to be in the area the 25-27.... Leaving on the Explorer of the Seas on the 27th....   I've got the Hampton Inn Airport East booked for $167 and Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon booked for $287 but that includes parking for the 9 day cruise. Still weighing all my options because I am not finding good airfare yet... So if I drive it's the Blue Lagoon location and if I fly I'll keep the airport east location.  Not sure about things to do in the area... Last time we took this cruise all we did was dinner at the 94th Aero Squadron Restaurant.... It was fun but wouldn't call it an "activity"

16 hours ago, mattR said:

Ok I have booked the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. Any suggestions on activity's for those two days?

Well no museums, so that takes out the science museum. Though kids usually like it and it is new. There is the Beach of course, assuming there is not a cold front its a great time to lay in the sand, and for some the water is warm enough. 

Take a city tour. Hop On Hop Off bus tours, a boat tour around Biscayne Bay. Bayside Marketplace is a good spot for families to walk around, shop (touristy stuff) and have lunch. Lincoln Road is a great spot for an evening out. 

Head to Vizcaya and tour the property.  It's been in a ton a movies so it is exciting for people.

There are also Fairchild Botanical Gardens and Deering Estate.

Drive over to Virginia Key and have lunch at the Rusty Pelican overlooking downtown.

7 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

The Heat schedule will come out in the first two weeks of August.

Thank you might have to wait to book our return flight just in case they have a game on the 5/6?