Got an upgrade email today....

Shoppie124

I know people get excited when they get an upgrade email... I'm feeling pretty meh about ours.

We are already staying in the Haven (forward facing penthouse).  In the "poor" range the smallest upgrade amount is $300pp.  If I wanted the owners suite it's $750pp.

My thinking is... I'm already in the Haven....  I don't plan on spending the day in my room.... why spend a minimum of $1,500 to bid on an OS?

Convince me otherwise....

You have the absolute best (most cost effective room) right now. A separate bedroom and separate living room. All of the Haven benefits. A Haven penthouse room would be smaller and cost you the price of the upgrade. The next true upgrade would be an Owner's Suite. 

19 minutes ago, Shoppie124 said:

I know people get excited when they get an upgrade email... I'm feeling pretty meh about ours.

We are already staying in the Haven (forward facing penthouse).  In the "poor" range the smallest upgrade amount is $300pp.  If I wanted the owners suite it's $750pp.

My thinking is... I'm already in the Haven....  I don't plan on spending the day in my room.... why spend a minimum of $1,500 to bid on an OS?

Convince me otherwise....

You did not indicate your ship for a better - convince me otherwise.

As is you have scored Havenly.

If you could move up for the amount that you feel comfortable with fine - but to use NCL minimum forget it.

The OS DOS typically are a tad bid larger in square footage and have complimentary booze - and loaded mini-fridge -

everything else is the same Butler Concierge Room Steward etc.

1 hour ago, don't-use-real-name said:

You did not indicate your ship for a better - convince me otherwise.

As is you have scored Havenly.

If you could move up for the amount that you feel comfortable with fine - but to use NCL minimum forget it.

The OS DOS typically are a tad bid larger in square footage and have complimentary booze - and loaded mini-fridge -

everything else is the same Butler Concierge Room Steward etc.

We're on the Breakaway

13 minutes ago, Yankee123 said:

Out of curiosity- does NCL tell you the minimum bid?  Safe to assume you keep your perks, such as dining package or any other free package if you bid and win?

thank you

We are in H7

H2 would be $750 - $2,500

H3 would be $750 - $2,000

H4 would be $600 - $1,500

H5 would be $300 - $800

H6 would be $500 - $1,000

all prices per person (x2)

You keep you original perks (choose X) but if you aren't in the Haven already, you gain the additional Haven perks.  In our case only H2 would give us more benefit than what we already have.  Honestly, I'd need rehab if DH & I drank 3 bottles of booze in a week!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Enjoy your cruise. I'd stick with what you have... you've chosen wisely. 

Cheers

Thanks!  Where in Niagara are you (if you don’t mind me asking).  We’re from Orchard Park 

Just now, Shoppie124 said:

Thanks!  Where in Niagara are you (if you don’t mind me asking).  We’re from Orchard Park 

Just moved from Niagara on the lake back to St. Catharines (my childhood home, though really from Cape Breton, NS).  Wanted to be closer to my GDs. 

You’re already in for a great experience.  Unless you spend a lot of time in your cabin (which sort of defeats the purpose of cruising), I’d pocket the upgrade money and enjoy your current cabin.

Love me some Haven......a lot!

Have fun!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Just moved from Niagara on the lake back to St. Catharines (my childhood home, though really from Cape Breton, NS).  Wanted to be closer to my GDs. 

I love Niagara on the Lake.  My favorite restaurant is the Old Angel Inn

• Like 1

Of course it is.  I love it too, however, if you're in the area again, you may want to try Corks, one of my favourites and not far from OAI.  It's a little more expensive but really nice.

Sorry, meant to post the Tripadvisor site:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g154999-d1861308-Reviews-Corks_Restaurant-Niagara_on_the_Lake_Ontario.html

Edited by All-ready2cruise

8 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Of course it is.  I love it too, however, if you're in the area again, you may want to try Corks, one of my favourites and not far from OAI.  It's a little more expensive but really nice.

Sorry, meant to post the Tripadvisor site:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g154999-d1861308-Reviews-Corks_Restaurant-Niagara_on_the_Lake_Ontario.html

I will check it out!  Thanks!

• Like 1