Daily (Free) Newspaper Summaries on QM2?

jimdee3636

My wife and I will be taking our first Cunard cruise next month (21-night NYC round trip via Southampton, Reykjavik, and Atlantic Canada). We've been on many Holland America cruises, and HAL ships always have free daily New York Times-based news summaries that can be delivered to your stateroom or picked up in many of the common areas. On HAL, the U.S. news summaries are 8 pages, and the English, Canadian, Australian, and foreign-language ones are all four pages. Does the QM2 offer anything similar? We disconnect completely from the internet when sailing and I'd hate to have to rely on TV news for three weeks!

Thanks for the info. That's at least better than nothing. I'll plan to buy newspapers on land whenever we're in port. But we have only six port days and two of them are in Reykjavik---not sure if they'll even have English-language papers there. Who knows---maybe I'll be happier not knowing what's going on outside the ship!

If you are booked in a Q4 or above, your butler will offer you an I-pad preloaded with the news paper of your choice every day. There is a printed summary of US and International news that is available in the library, as well as the Grills Concierge Lounge. 

International news channels are available on your television 24/7 so you won't be uninformed. 

Edited by Bigmike911

Hello

Every evening the cabin steward will leave a 6-8 page news summary.  You will also find a few news channels on the TV.

In addition to that you can visit the Pursers Desk and get the daily New York Times summary.   They offer to deliver it to your cabin but I prefer to visit the pursers desk because I love the hard working crew that staffs the desk.  

No doubt other papers are available as well.

I hope I see you soon on the Queen Mary so we can discuss the events of the day!

Deck Chair.