Dress code especially for Alaska

bmct

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 3:52 PM, MissP22 said:

Thank you for dressing for our enjoyment. 

I'm sure everyone appreciates it. 😏 

Edited by keithm
delete

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 11:34 AM, Daisyloo said:

For the past few years we have cruised predominantly on HAL,  but next year we have a Princess cruise to Hawaii booked (our first as Platinum on Princess).

HAL has really relaxed their formal night clothing suggestions - basically men are fine in long pants and a collared shirt.  

My husband usually adds a tie.  So - long pants, dress shirt, and a tie - acceptable on Princess now?  He wants to be respectful of the guidelines but avoid taking a suit if possible. 

Should be fine. Add a vest if you want to snap it up a bit, otherwise smart casual is pretty much the rule.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 11:51 PM, brisalta said:

You are expected to dress up in the specialty restaurants, not formal but not sloppy.

Smart casual is the rule. Yes, sloppy is not, but slacks & collared shirt will be fine in the specialties.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2019 at 5:00 AM, rileydogg66 said:

If anyone could let me know what nights are formal so we could reserve the specialty restaurants it would be greatly appreciated. Traveling on the Grand Princess from San Fran on the10 day Tracy Arm Fjord cruise. Spending two nights in Yosemite and two nights in San Fran and don’t really want to pack formal wear. We already need to pack heavily. Thanks.

On the Grand 10 day the two formal nights should be the 3rd sea day (the night before Juneau), and the 8th day (the day you stop in Victoria).

I can see that most of the posts here are relating to what to wear on formal nights.  I have a different suggestion based on my prior experience.  If you plan to take one of the helicopter excursions to a glacier, wear a heavy sweatshirt or coat and make sure you pack your gloves.  After standing on a glacier dressed in summer attire, it got pretty cold and uncomfortable.  You can always remove clothing if you get too warm, but you can't put on warm clothing you didn't bring with you.

Enjoy Seward's Folly!!

On 6/7/2019 at 1:17 PM, stoneharborlady said:

But really, if a couple enjoys dressing up for each other, why not?  I can think of no better reason for doing it.  I wouldnt worry about what everyone else thinks.  If you are enjoying it, good for you!

On 6/7/2019 at 4:19 PM, stoneharborlady said:

To me, it sounded like they were dressing for their own enjoyment, not yours.  (as it should be)

Well said!

Tom