Bayou cafe

lbfluffy

We are going on the Coral. I saw this as one of the specialty restaurants. We’ve always had the Crown Grill on our past Princess Cruises. I looked at the menu. It looks good. I don’t care for spicy food, but my husband does. For anyone that has experienced this restaurant, what dishes did you like? 

Also so does the Coral have a crab shack? It’s not listed under our cruise personalizer.

Thanks.

I have issues with eating spicy (bell pepper/jalapeno) foods. Last Fall we were on the Coral and had a complimentary dinner on the first night and I was worried about what to do. We stopped by the restaurant when we boarded and talked to the manager at the Bayou. They were more than happy to fix my filet mignon without any spices, to provide a baked potato, a salad without peppers and with Ranch dressing.

• Like 2

Our first Princess cruise was on the Coral (partial Panama Canal) a few years back.  We enjoyed the Bayou Café immensely and were disappointed to learn the venue was not available on other ships (except maybe the Island?)  Anyway, I had the best filet I have ever had - could cut with a fork.  I also do not like spicy food and it was not a problem for me.  Hopefully they still have the different types of salts to try - they were good.  To us, and I know this can vary per ship and per personal taste, the Crown Grill pales in comparison to the Bayou in both food preparation and staff.  Enjoy 🙂  

6 hours ago, peanutter said:

Our first Princess cruise was on the Coral (partial Panama Canal) a few years back.  We enjoyed the Bayou Café immensely and were disappointed to learn the venue was not available on other ships (except maybe the Island?)  Anyway, I had the best filet I have ever had - could cut with a fork.  I also do not like spicy food and it was not a problem for me.  Hopefully they still have the different types of salts to try - they were good.  To us, and I know this can vary per ship and per personal taste, the Crown Grill pales in comparison to the Bayou in both food preparation and staff.  Enjoy 🙂  

That’s great to hear. Looking forward to a new restaurant for us to try.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Thrak said:

We love spicy food but have never found any on a Princess ship.

I don’t like spicy food, but my husband does. He also likes the crab shack which I do not. We have opposite tastes.

On 6/7/2019 at 4:26 AM, cruiserdru said:

I have issues with eating spicy (bell pepper/jalapeno) foods. Last Fall we were on the Coral and had a complimentary dinner on the first night and I was worried about what to do. We stopped by the restaurant when we boarded and talked to the manager at the Bayou. They were more than happy to fix my filet mignon without any spices, to provide a baked potato, a salad without peppers and with Ranch dressing.

I'm so happy to hear this!  I used to love the Bayou cafe but on our most recent cruise I found the pepper content over the top.  I like 'spicy' but detest bell peppers, I'm embarrassed to say the idea of asking for these to be held back never even occurred to me.  Reading your comments had me smacking the side of my head - duh.  So looking forward to being on Coral again next year and will return to the Bayou with your helpful advice in mind.  Thanks!