Ranger Coconut Cookies

cynt

No.  They have no imagination when it comes to cookies.  Except at Christmastime, they serve the same cookies over and over.  Chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, chocolate macadamia nut, peanut butter, a couple of GF.  I have asked the pastry chefs why, since they serve so many kinds of cakes and pies there are always just the same cookies.  They have all, to a person, said that these are the ones Miami mandates.  No sugar cookies, no ginger snaps, no lemon drops, no snickerdoodles, no butter cookies, no almond cookies, I don’t get it😢

Since you like coconut, I suggest you try the macaroons at the Cafe Al Baccio and the coconut gelato as well. They are both very, very yummy. There is no charge for the sweets at Cafe Al Baccio whether you buy coffee or not. 

• Like 2

I always stay up later than most in my party and I love sneaking up to buffet and/or café areas to get my cookies and a drink on different cruises.  I sometimes even grab a pizza.  I'll then either sit on the balcony or go out on a deck (since we usually book insides or OVs) with my Paperwhite and read and watch the water go by.  I call that my praying time.  I believe an HAL cruise had several different desserts to choose from, but I always have to have at least one cookie. Since this is our first Celebrity cruise, I hope they have something similar!

I’m not saying that the cookies are delicious. But I am saying that there isn’t enough variety. Especially if you were on back to back, it would be nice to see other kinds of cookies being offered. I have a cookbook with 100 cookie recipes. Celebrity’s cookbook apparently has six.

Well, they have to appeal to the masses, I guess.  Our first two cruises they had black and white cookies at Al Bacio.  They were so good.  I haven't been able to find any as good anywhere else.  But they just stopped offering them.  😞

On the last day Cafe al Bacio filled an entire gallon zip lock bag full of the coconut macaroons for us to take back home for my niece who is gluten free. She had them years ago on the Summit and loved them. She was very thankful when we got home.