Penthouse veranda slider vs door?

zitsky

I haven't taken my next trip (in a DV2) but I think my next one will be in a Penthouse Veranda.  I saw a list of rooms that have a slider, but it was only on Deck 4.  Has anyone compiled a list of all the PV's and which have sliders?  (I did do a quick search.)  Is there variation between ships, as they are mostly identical?

Edited by zitsky

Yes within the last couple months someone did post an excellent pdf file that showed all the rooms for sliders and doors for PV.  Do a search for it.  I downloaded and printed it but don’t have it this second.  It was very helpful.

4 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I haven't taken my next trip (in a DV2) but I think my next one will be in a Penthouse Veranda.  I saw a list of rooms that have a slider, but it was only on Deck 4.  Has anyone compiled a list of all the PV's and which have sliders?  (I did do a quick search.)  Is there variation between ships, as they are mostly identical?

I've have the attached that I use as a reference

PV slider rooms.pdf

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

OK thank you Mitina. I just found it.  Thank you for posting in this thread.

You will love the PV cabins---so much more room and the closet is not right next to the bed.  Definitely worth the upgrade to us.  Unfortunately, we did not have this list of sliders vs. doors when we booked our first two PVs, but we will from now on!  Enjoy!

I never heard about the slider vs. door in the PV staterooms until we booked our next cruise while sailing last summer.  We always go with the PV and frankly have no specific preference as to location so when the cruise consultant insisted that many passengers prefer the sliders we thought "why not?".  It will be our first time on level 4 and our first time on the starboard side ... not sure if it will make that much of a difference but it might be nice to be able to have the door open now and then when the weather permits.  

25 minutes ago, molymoo said:

not sure if it will make that much of a difference but it might be nice to be able to have the door open now and then when the weather permits.  

Not really good to leave the outside doors open for any length of time; it messes up the A/C for all the cabins around you. One of the technical guys can probably explain why; I just know that we shouldn't do it.

• Like 1