Sensation - Son's 21st Birthday

tw67

I did what I thought was the impossible!  We wanted to take our son away for his 21st birthday, but had to book something that the 16 year old could still participate!  So no Vegas, and really no Key West.  We were limited on just a few days, since the 21 year old wanted to be with his friends at midnight when turning 21, but classes start 6 days later...so if I didn't get this booked during those few days, it wasn't working.  I managed to get it done.  Key West and Cozumel!  The birthday boy agreed to flying out the night of his birthday!!  So YAY!  It worked!!  I didn't think we would get a cruise this year, but we managed it, and he will back to college in time for his first class of his senior year!  

So yes, Sensation is old, the 4 of us will be sharing a balcony cabin, we usually try for two different, but we will get that one last trip in before our oldest graduates.  The downfall, is now I need to get him on CHEERS!  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tw67 said:

I did what I thought was the impossible!  We wanted to take our son away for his 21st birthday, but had to book something that the 16 year old could still participate!  So no Vegas, and really no Key West.  We were limited on just a few days, since the 21 year old wanted to be with his friends at midnight when turning 21, but classes start 6 days later...so if I didn't get this booked during those few days, it wasn't working.  I managed to get it done.  Key West and Cozumel!  The birthday boy agreed to flying out the night of his birthday!!  So YAY!  It worked!!  I didn't think we would get a cruise this year, but we managed it, and he will back to college in time for his first class of his senior year!  

So yes, Sensation is old, the 4 of us will be sharing a balcony cabin, we usually try for two different, but we will get that one last trip in before our oldest graduates.  The downfall, is now I need to get him on CHEERS!  

I did nearly the exact same thing last year for my son's 21st on the Conquest.  His birthday is in late December so we all got the NYE cruise benefit as well, but we had a blast...even the 16 year old! And everyone was back in time for the new semester to start.

• Like 1

Eight family members went on the Sensation for my daughter's 21st birthday over 10 years ago.  She turned 21 on the 2nd day of the cruise.  Of course she had the cute little hat that said "Buy Me A Drink - I'm 21"  and got a lot of attention (and drinks) from some of the officers onboard.  We all had a great time & it was definitely memorable for her!!

• Like 1

We are the same thing on the Breeze this August. Taking our son for his 21st (he turns 2 days before the cruise and we fly the next day.) He’s definitely looking forward to Cheers...

We have to get him back to college right when we get back too. Oh, and he also has two 16 year old brothers, so that’s why he/we picked a cruise too! Fun for everyone! 

• Like 1

Thank you all for your responses!  Any cruise is better than no cruise!  We have done Key West and Cozumel so many times, so we are really happy that we can just relax on this cruise!  He is really excited about being able to drink in Key West on this trip!!  His father and I are putting together our own bar crawl for him!  The real irony is that neither of us have direct flights the night before (he lives out by college, so we won't be flying together), but we both have the same connecting flight, so we will be arriving in Florida together.  He is actually staying on the same flight, and then we are joining his flight.  I am tempted to get matching tshirts for us with his picture that say, if you see this person, wish him a happy 21st birthday! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Might want to “force” him into the Seuss character breakfast. You gotta fit that in one last time before you officially grow up.

That would be hysterical!!  I really do need to research something for him to wear so everyone knows it is his birthday.  He has celiac, so he is gluten free, so no cake.  We will have to have them put a candle on his choclate motling (melting?) cake.  The one that he orders at each and every dinner when cruising...