Delivery fee

TIMJRTAMPA

13 minutes ago, mafiadon said:

So if I go into the liquor shop and buy a couple bottles of liquor for the end of the cruise are they going to charge me for the delivery fee. If so, so much for the savings on the cheaper price of the liquor and what would be the incentive to buy it

That is different than the Fun Shops purchases that are being discussed here.  There is no delivery fee for the duty-free liquor that you buy to take home, only for the liquor purchased for consumption on the ship.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mafiadon said:

So if I go into the liquor shop and buy a couple bottles of liquor for the end of the cruise are they going to charge me for the delivery fee. If so, so much for the savings on the cheaper price of the liquor and what would be the incentive to buy it

I would gladly pay a delivery fee for them to bring it to my cabin instead of standing in line to collect on embarkation morning 

1 hour ago, Bases5 said:

I would gladly pay a delivery fee for them to bring it to my cabin instead of standing in line to collect on embarkation morning 

No I wouldn't, because there would be no savings and I could just get it at home and not have to lug it half way across the country

On 6/14/2019 at 5:28 AM, dfencecoach said:

I too recently make a purchase for our room and noticed the delivery charge.  Sixteen dollars to deliver it one floor.  It does not say it is a gratuity but does say it is a delivery charge.  Maybe we should start going and having the amount from the delivery charge reduced from our gratuities.  I know that some of you will say that it’s not fair to do this but many feel that it is not fair to charge the delivery fee.   Carnival got your attention with the delivery fee and you will get their attention with the removal of gratuities to match the fees and then a decision will have to be made from carnival.  Until someone feels uncomfortable they will keep charging more than what they should.

Carnival knows how to play games, too. People cheat on Cheers, Carnival raises the price of Cheers. People stiff employees on tips, Carnival raises the tip percentage to compensate. People stiff room service delivery people? Carnival starts charging for some items and/or after a certain time. People complain about a delivery charge? Who cares? It isn't optional.

Can you even purchase liquor bottles to your room on NCL or Royal? What about affordable bottles of water?

11 hours ago, Bases5 said:

On cruises of 7 nights or longer they do bring it to your stateroom the evening before debarkation.

3 hours ago, Schoifmom said:

On cruises of 7 nights or longer they do bring it to your stateroom the evening before debarkation.

Not on my last 2 7 night cruises.  I had to go to the dining room morning of embarkation to get my bottles.  They used to deliver to my room but not recently

11 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Can you even purchase liquor bottles to your room on NCL or Royal? What about affordable bottles of water?

Some ships on Royal, you can purchase a 375ml bottle. I think there were only 4 selections and they came with 4 cans of soda or tonic. I think I remember paying about $43 for vodka and sprite combo. The cans could be traded for something else  at the bar onboard.

36 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Some ships on Royal, you can purchase a 375ml bottle. I think there were only 4 selections and they came with 4 cans of soda or tonic. I think I remember paying about $43 for vodka and sprite combo. The cans could be traded for something else  at the bar onboard.

Is there a service charge, delivery fee, or tip automatically added?

45 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Is there a service charge, delivery fee, or tip automatically added?

I couldn’t remember, so I did a mock sale on an upcoming booking, and nothing was added. 

2 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I couldn’t remember, so I did a mock sale on an upcoming booking, and nothing was added. 

Can you order the same deal through room service on Royal? They may have the same loophole that Carnival closed - namely that it was cheaper to order from the Fun Shops than to purchase from room service.

21 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Can you order the same deal through room service on Royal? They may have the same loophole that Carnival closed - namely that it was cheaper to order from the Fun Shops than to purchase from room service.

I don’t really know about ordering from room service. I want to say no, but don’t quote me on that.

3 hours ago, Bases5 said:

Not on my last 2 7 night cruises.  I had to go to the dining room morning of embarkation to get my bottles.  They used to deliver to my room but not recently

That's too bad.  It sounds like your cruises were part of the "some exceptions may apply" to the practice.

image.thumb.png.d148cfca81e41f6ac36cb04d970aafda.png

Edited by Schoifmom

The last time I cruised Carnival, there was no fee, nor was there when I had my sister order some Seuss at Sea stuff so I could use that to surprise grands about upcoming cruise. No, I would not pay a $50.00 delivery fee, that is ludicrous. It's not like they are being shipped! A reasonable minimum maybe, but not that much. I'll just buy from shops onboard or not buy at all. Good grief, that is crazy! What I could do with 50.00! LOL! I was going to look at ordering some things, thanks for letting me know not to bother looking!