Flights to San Juan, PR

KelSny1011

12 hours ago, KelSny1011 said:

So would you recommend waiting to see what Southwest releases for their fare prices?  Do you have a recommendation on "when" to purchase tickets?  I'm all eyes since you seem to know a lot regarding air travel. 

Waiting for Southwest is a gamble.  Maybe when they open up for your travel dates they'll have lower prices than you could get now on another airline, or maybe they'll have higher prices than you could get now on another airline.  "When" to purchase is when you see a fare you can live with.  As for waiting, I'll say what I've said time and time again, which is to think of the decision making process as a flow chart of sorts:

Ask yourself:

1.  Are you willing and able to pay a higher price if you wait and prices go up, not down?

-If yes, feel free to wait to purchase tickets later.  Hope they go down and not up.

-If no, as yourself:

2. Are you willing and able to pay the currently available price?

-If yes, purchase the tickets now.

-If no, ask yourself:

3. Are you willing to cancel your cruise if you wait and prices do not go down?

-If yes, then feel free to wait for a lower airfare price, knowing you're ok with canceling the whole trip if prices don't drop.

-If no, then go back to the top and go through questions 1 and 2 again and evaluate your answers more closely.

Edited by waterbug123
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, time4u2go said:

I suggest you go back and read my original post.  I never said that because there are $400 seats available now that they would be available at the time of the cruise.  

There's a job in British politics for you, I think you'd do well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, waterbug123 said:

-If no, then go back to the top and go through questions 1 and 2 again and evaluate your answers more closely.

Actually, if you get to three "no"s in a row, we're approaching the situation of "I want this and it's their fault if I can't have it.  Let me rant on the Internet about how unfair it is."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...