NCL Dawn oasis pool- Adults only?

sparkles6790

Going on the dawn in an OS in a few weeks, very excited.  Is the main oasis pool actually adults only? My 8 year old daughter, a competitive level swimmer and an old soul would find the kids pool of splash pad, diapered kids etc about as unappealing as I would! Will she be able to take a dip with me? On the website it says adults only means accompanied by an adult under 12, but this is my 7th NCL cruise and I know it varies by ship by cruise etc. 

NCL is usually strict about no kids in the adult pool, even older teens. On the Gem, the pool for kids was the same size as the adult pool, diapered kids are not allowed in any pool or splash area. There will be adults in the regular pool, you can join her.

Right so I have been on the jewel like the gem, there are two pools and kids area, the Dawn is a little different with one main pool and a kids area, no real pool in the kids area just a wading area.  I am specifically interested in knowing someone’s experience on the Dawn. 

Thank you hladygirl! Yes mjackmom, that is what I am hoping, we have been on the jewel, escape, breakaway and all had multiple large pools so I can see the adults only there but with only one real pool on the dawn I know my daughter would like to be able to take a swim!

16 minutes ago, FLAHAM said:

On warm sea days with lots of adults relaxing in the pool, I have rarely seen anyone able to actually "swim."

Agree, on all ships we actually avoid the pools on sea days.  I am specifically asking because we don’t get off on our Port Canaveral day and my daughter will want to go in the pool, we don’t expect to swim laps though lol.

On the Dawn now - a ton of kids spotted in the pool today. 

Hoping to get my 10 yo some time in the water tomorrow  - we are just having a quick lunch off the ship,  and hoping to take advantage of the port day if possible. 

From the folks in the kids pool area today, it seemed like more 5 and unders - and an enormous number of parents not paying attention. Oddly enough, there was a lifeguard in the adult pool, but I did not see one in the kids pool.

Amy

14 hours ago, sparkles6790 said:

Right so I have been on the jewel like the gem, there are two pools and kids area, the Dawn is a little different with one main pool and a kids area, no real pool in the kids area just a wading area.  I am specifically interested in knowing someone’s experience on the Dawn. 

2 weeks ago on Dawn... there were a bunch of kids in the adult pool. They acted like kids and enjoyed themselves. There is a staircase that lets you walk into the pool for easy entrance and exit. I’d say the age range of kids in the adult pool were like age 6 to 12 yrs old... the younger kids/toddlers used the back kiddie pool. 

Enjoy your trip!!

-Mark

7 hours ago, expectthebest said:

2 weeks ago on Dawn... there were a bunch of kids in the adult pool. They acted like kids and enjoyed themselves. There is a staircase that lets you walk into the pool for easy entrance and exit. I’d say the age range of kids in the adult pool were like age 6 to 12 yrs old... the younger kids/toddlers used the back kiddie pool. 

Enjoy your trip!!

-Mark

Mark thank you so much! This is what I was kind of hoping for, somewhat kid friendly for the older kids! 

8 hours ago, amygutman said:

On the Dawn now - a ton of kids spotted in the pool today. 

Hoping to get my 10 yo some time in the water tomorrow  - we are just having a quick lunch off the ship,  and hoping to take advantage of the port day if possible. 

From the folks in the kids pool area today, it seemed like more 5 and unders - and an enormous number of parents not paying attention. Oddly enough, there was a lifeguard in the adult pool, but I did not see one in the kids pool.

Amy

Thank you Amy, yes the kids pool looks definitely more geared towards 5 and under,  I actually read another review saying as well as not having having much room there were multiple older kids back there just pushing and yelling and the no lifeguard was a problem at time, I kind of plan on steering clear! Enjoy your Cruise!!!!

Edited by Junebug27