Clam Shells on Coco Cay-where are they located?

Was at coco cay yesterday.  There were umbrellas everywhere.  I wouldn’t be concerned with finding shade.

Not ignoring your question, just sharing my experience.  I know nothing about clam shells, sorry.

On 6/18/2019 at 10:56 AM, OCSC Mike said:

Was at coco cay yesterday.  There were umbrellas everywhere.  I wouldn’t be concerned with finding shade.

Not ignoring your question, just sharing my experience.  I know nothing about clam shells, sorry.

What area did you sit in and how close was it to everything. Also what time did you get there to find seating. They'll be 10 of us and we all want to sit together as we'll have 4 very young ( 3 & 6 year old) kids with us.

25 minutes ago, Ashland said:

What area did you sit in and how close was it to everything. Also what time did you get there to find seating. They'll be 10 of us and we all want to sit together as we'll have 4 very young ( 3 & 6 year old) kids with us.

We got off the ship around 9:30am & it was drizzling so that played a role in how empty it was.

We started at Chill Beach where my wife snorkeled from shore & saw a ton of small fish.  Later we moved to the pool.  As the map they give you shows (sorry I don’t have a pic right now), everything is a short walk.  Easily under 15 minutes even with young kids.  It’s not as big as you might think (yet big enough).  It was a bit more crowded by the time we moved to the pool but there were still plenty of empty loungers.

For a party of 10, you’d probably want to choose a single spot in advance & stay put.  Even if it wasn’t raining, I’d expect you to find 10 loungers together if you got off the ship on the early side (and I don’t mean you need to be the first ones off & race for chairs, there is a lot of seating).  I can’t tell you where to sit as it depends if you want the beach, the pool, the free kids splash area (that has a really cute pirate ship & small water slides), etc.  But as I said, it’s a short walk no matter where you set up camp so no reason not to visit as many areas as you want.

Hope this helps.

Edited by OCSC Mike

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

We got off the ship around 9:30am & it was drizzling so that played a role in how empty it was.

We started at Chill Beach where my wife snorkeled from shore & saw a ton of small fish.  Later we moved to the pool.  As the map they give you shows (sorry I don’t have a pic right now), everything is a short walk.  Easily under 15 minutes even with young kids.  It’s not as big as you might think (yet big enough).  It was a bit more crowded by the time we moved to the pool but there were still plenty of empty loungers.

For a party of 10, you’d probably want to choose a single spot in advance & stay put.  Even if it wasn’t raining, I’d expect you to find 10 loungers together if you got off the ship on the early side (and I don’t mean you need to be the first ones off & race for chairs, there is a lot of seating).  I can’t tell you where to sit as it depends if you want the beach, the pool, the free kids splash area (that has a really cute pirate ship & small water slides), etc.  But as I said, it’s a short walk no matter where you set up camp so no reason not to visit as many areas as you want.

Hope this helps.

So very helpful...Thanks so much for taking the time to answer.

We were in Coco Cay on Sunday and while it was a rainy overcast day, we got off the ship around 8:30 (docked at 7) and took the tram to Chill Island. TONS of chairs everywhere. Sat at Chill for awhile then walked over to the Grill and the pool. Left around 10:30 due to the weather but there literally were hundreds of chairs.

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

So very helpful...Thanks so much for taking the time to answer.

You’re very welcome.  CC has helped me so much that paying it forward is the least I can do.  Enjoy your trip!

• Like 1

I just received this notice last night for our mid July trip.  No clamshells.

Royal Caribbean

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We're excited to welcome you onboard Symphony of the Seas for our July 13, 2019 cruise. We have an important change to share with you regarding the Beach Lounger you purchased.

We're currently hard at work getting the highly-anticipated Coco Beach Club ready for you, and we've had to close off a small area of the island due to the construction. Unfortunately, this means we'll need to cancel your reservation for the lounger. We know how much time and planning goes into a vacation and are terribly sorry for any inconvenience caused by this last-minute change.

Your vacation experience is important to us, so complimentary beach chairs and umbrellas are available on Chill Island for you to enjoy. In addition, we have other leisure options available in Cruise Planner. Whichever you choose, we know you'll have a great time.

We've issued a full refund of the Beach Lounger to your original form of payment, and you should see it reflected in the next 3 to 5 days. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at (800) 398-9819.

Thank you for your understanding. Perfect Day at CocoCay is a private destination unlike any in the world, and you're bound to have an awesome time! To learn more about the island, you can visit our website here.

Wishing you a wonderful sailing and looking forward to welcoming you aboard!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

Royal Caribbean

Royal Caribbean

©2018 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships' registry: The Bahamas.
Royal Caribbean International
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132 USA