Paradise Beach - too crowded/reservations?

serotta4

My family and I would like to go to Paradise Beach club when we stop in July on our RC cruise. Our ship is supposed to arrive very early in the morning, but it looks like a busy day in port with several cruise ships.We do not want to do the all-inclusive option, but I am concerned that without making a reservation we may not get a spot. Does anyone have any experience with this?

42 minutes ago, serotta4 said:

My family and I would like to go to Paradise Beach club when we stop in July on our RC cruise. Our ship is supposed to arrive very early in the morning, but it looks like a busy day in port with several cruise ships.We do not want to do the all-inclusive option, but I am concerned that without making a reservation we may not get a spot. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I doubt you will have a problem especially if you go early. I haven't heard of any reports of Paradise having AI- only days yet, ilike Sanchos sometimes does in busy season. Summer is usually quieter than winter but i do see some days with 6 ships listed so yes it will be ”busy” but Paradise is a large place.

Good place if you have kids and great pool but if you haven’t been before keep in mind loungers are packed close together, just the nature of the game at these big beach clubs.

FWIW, on our last visit there in April 2018, our ship docked at 8am but we went shopping and had breakfast elsewhere first.  We arrived at Paradise Beach around 11am and were able to get 2 loungers once we got the beach area.  About thirty minutes later, we were able to get another one right next to us.  It was definitely 'crowded', but even arriving later in the morning, we were able to snag something.   Granted, there were 9 of us, but we made it work.  Hope that helps?

Also, I still dream of their mojito's...best ones were ever had! Enjoy yourselves!

We just returned from our cruise last week.  There were 5 ships in port.  We didn't arrive until 10am.  We easily found chairs at the pool and the beach.  Beautiful, sunny day and not overly crowded.  Be prepared that the water may not be crystal clear.  They do their best scooping the seaweed out of the water and raking the beach, but it is definitely an issue to some.  

• 1 month later...

We have been there the last two years in March with our kids 7-10. Usually arrived around 10-11:00 am. Never a problem finding a nice place to relax at the beach or pool. No need to do AI you can pay as you go as we do, food is great and the prices are reasonable.